Lineup 2016

Matt42

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I reckon Chase & Status will be the shitty dance act that closes IOW and/or TITP next year. Disclosure for Bestival I reckon.

Yeah I think the same for Chase & Status, though just for IOW, reckon Calvin Harris will do TITP. Are Disclosure too big for Latitude? I think they're an option for there too.

If Bombay Bicycle Club are back then they're a shout for Latitude, subbed it last time didn't they? Their last album seemed to give them a bit of a boost in popularity so they could probably headline it now. Not sure they'll have an album out by next summer though.

I think The Maccabees depends on how well the new album does but they'd be quite a weak headliner for it at the moment.

Did the album give them a boost? I know they had their first number one and they played their biggest ever gig or something but they just seemed to get similar places to last time at all the same festivals. Something just wouldn't seem right about it. The other two don't seem to fit in my mind either but I don't have better suggestions. I could imagine Bastille or The 1975 being around that size but I don't wanna imagine them headlining Latitude.

I think so, yeah their festivals slots were similar but I think they were a bit too high up in 2012 so it sort of balanced out. The singles seemed to all be playlisted on Radio 1 and as you say they played their biggest gig so I think they got a bit bigger over the album's run.

Do you think they would ever take a risk and book Lana Del Rey or is it too leftfield for R+L? Against a headliner like Muse it might look okay?

Seriously or are you trying to be ironic! As lana del Rey is not a reading festival booking plus she can not f****ing sing. Plus I will put a name out there 'The dead weather' (jack white's band) to a appear high up next year. 

Edited by benus80

I dunno. Missy Elliott's last UK performance was mid afternoon at Wireless wasn't it? But I suppose she's got one or two hits that most people will know which isn't the same for A$AP.

yeah it was just before snoop dog at about 4pm on lcd soundsystem day in 2011. She was terrible, turned up half an hour late or something ridiculous, spent have her remaining set changing outfits and got her protigee band to perform a song during her very limited remaining time. Also when she did actually perform she was shit. 

Looking through this Disclosure for Latitude & Bestival seems plausible. Still expecting them to sub R&L and probably appear somewhere at TITP or Glasto. 

Chase & Status at Isle of Wight seems a fair bet, I'd say they'd be likely to appear somewhere on V's line up but I'm not sure where else, their stock appeared to fall a fair bit on the last album. 

Taking a guess at it now, I'd say something like...

Latitude: Jamie T, Elbow, Disclsoure

Bestival: Disclosure, Paloma Faith, Gorrilaz

IOW: Chase & Status/Libertines, Muse, Aerosmith

Yeah I don't reckon any act would play both as they're pretty much in direct competition with one another. They'd be a lot more suited to Bestival.

I wonder if Rudimental will end up getting a headlining slot at one of those. I just realised their album isn't even out yet so they'll be clogging up the festival scene again next summer.

I wonder if Rudimental will end up getting a headlining slot at one of those. I just realised their album isn't even out yet so they'll be clogging up the festival scene again next summer.

Another summer of Rudimental being everywhere, how exciting :|

This year alt-J headlined Latitude, subbed R&L, played third down at Glasto and played somewhere at TITP, too.

I think Disclosure can easily headline one of those, sub R&L and headline the Other at Glasto in the same year.

I think I agree with you on this?