Let's get rid of the spam!

mr gumby

it doesn't much matter, whoever deals with the report will work it out.

Thanks - it was more though to try and save the user time in going into each thread and having to scroll past all the rant to the button at the bottom - I know it does not take long but it might put some off being bothered.

Keep up the good work Neil - you are very appreciated

Thanks - it was more though to try and save the user time in going into each thread and having to scroll past all the rant to the button at the bottom - I know it does not take long but it might put some off being bothered.

Keep up the good work Neil - you are very appreciated

Seconded. The last thing we want to do is try to tell you how to run the site. The shit kitchens are pretty amusing and pretty infrequent. It's just this particular guy who's starting to become an actual problem. Although I've never run a forum, as a developer I'm well aware that users often come up with "if you just...." suggestions all the time, which are actually asking for some very complex code changes, which can be very difficult to support in future versions, even if you could spare the time to write them. And IP based blocking isn't foolproof either - a determined poster can get round them.

I agree about the bumping, it's worse than the spam threads. You can't tell if there's actually anything to read relating to the thread title if it's just a bump. Actually, a rant is less Off-Topic than a bump. At least the post content related to the subject header!

Bloody hell Selpoet, there's plenty of people who are happy to interact with you on here, but you never reply back to us! Just get a new account and start chatting bollocks with the rest of us. It's fun.

I thought he was just trolling not actually wanting to interact - it was one hell of a post mind you again, again and again - just pointless trolling bit weird

Weirdly, the dude was alone in the chatroom the other evening in one of their early incarnations. They didn't want to chat but hung around in there for quite a while before disappearing. Very odd. I took a screen shot just to prove to myself it did happen the next day.

I have reported a few, it is probably pointless me reporting each one, Scottie or Neil will react as soon as they see it. It is a shame, if the guy seriously wants friends he needs to change his methods. no one is going to seriously interact with him while he does this.

If the bloke who posts these rants is reading this, becuase you are still on line, please post something reasonable and maybe the forum will embrace you. Ball is in your court.

On the profile dropdown on the top right, you'll find Manage Ignore Prefs. In there you can add a user to ignore their posts. Unfortunately, I don't think you can ignore their new topics, which is a bugger, but at least it keeps the other threads clear.

Only desktop, I think. In case you didn't know, you can tap Full Version at the bottom of the mobile view to get the desktop version.

While I normally love reading the ravings of the mentally ill, I usually visit youtube comment pages for that. Down with this sort of thing.

PS: I'm starting an exclusive social group for the over 50s, who's in? (no virgins need apply)

You are so right with that Youtube thing.

On the other subject I'm only 49. Could I still join your social group as I don't want to be left behind with this bell end that keeps posting?

Thanks

On the profile dropdown on the top right, you'll find Manage Ignore Prefs. In there you can add a user to ignore their posts. Unfortunately, I don't think you can ignore their new topics, which is a bugger, but at least it keeps the other threads clear.

Only desktop, I think. In case you didn't know, you can tap Full Version at the bottom of the mobile view to get the desktop version.

Thanks Stuartbert this helps a little :) have reported too

Thanks stuart. Very helpful for those of us who are 'challenged' in this area. I'm going to hold out for now but may have to go down that path.