Exactly what Glastonbury needs

Mardy

True, his crowd interaction was lacking, though nowhere near as bad as some others I've seen on the Pyramid - Kings of Leon anyone?! But when Lou Reed, Bobby Womack and Snoop appeared.....I thought, come on people, what more do you want? Was honestly one of the highlights for me, from many years of Glasto fests.

Wooderson, its just you and me for that Gorillaz set, I was right near the front and loved it. When Lou Reed came out, the grin on my face... Marvellous.

It was bloody loud though. Much louder than anything recently.

Was it Blur 09 part 2? No. Was it ace? Yes.

:)

I wonder how it would be received. The Gorillaz thing got slated a bit, for various reasons. I dunno, I wonder. It's a big risk, might work, might not. I get the feeling most fo the crowd want things to be a bit more polished, a bit more predictable (the hits). I can understand why GF and/or artists are not prepared to take the risk, but I do think it's a damn shame.

i only saw about 25 mins of Gorillaz but it was the perfect 25 mins including MES and Lou. Loved it. Only moved on as I was on an implausibly successful mission to see 4 more or less simultaneous headliners. Back on subject yes a jam would be fab and The Park or West Holts makes sense. I think its true that the biggest mainstream artists would run a mile as they are often not the type of natural musicians who would have the confidence.

Edited by Boris

Does it has to be Skrillex? :P

Didn't Mumfords do this?

With Haim! Oh the excitement!!

S'why I refer back to that Gorillaz show repeatedly on here. It was a one-off folks. Lou Reed? You kidding me???

Yeah but it was a bit shit/dull wasn't it? Its hardly something to hold up and say yep this well done well, more of it please :P (Actually I feel thats a bit harsh and I think actually and it goes against what Mardy is asking, it would have been better if it has been rehersed more :P).

As for the Super Jam thing? Yeah it could work I think with the right personel. Ddepending on who you got, you'd need a few more acts at the festival who actually had the abiility to improvise a bit.

Saying yeah I'd love to see Glastonbury give it a go, maybe with some smaller/low profile slots at first, like early on the Pyramid /Other when all you are mostly going to miss out on is a shorterned/shit versions of acts currently touring shows.