Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

1 hour ago, frozenfish said:

Fish56octagon has fast become one of my favourite Instagram characters and if his posts are anything to go by he should be great value for a proggy/trancey set at the Glade Dome

That Glade Dome is going to be absolutely rammed I think. Its on thursday as well if i recall.

Can someone clear something up for me. The Glade poster drop had two line ups, one for Glade Dome the other for Glade Stage. Been to every Glasto since 2014 but was completely unaware there were two Glade stages. I always thought Glade was just that covered section in the trees to right of Other stage. I'm assuming that's the Glade dome because of how it looks, so where is the Glade stage?

9 minutes ago, turkey twizzler said:

Can someone clear something up for me. The Glade poster drop had two line ups, one for Glade Dome the other for Glade Stage. Been to every Glasto since 2014 but was completely unaware there were two Glade stages. I always thought Glade was just that covered section in the trees to right of Other stage. I'm assuming that's the Glade dome because of how it looks, so where is the Glade stage?

It's basically the big-ish stage next door. If you find one, then you'd struggle not to find the other.

9 minutes ago, turkey twizzler said:

There's been at least 2 stages for ages. In fact there used to be 3/4 stages with line ups in the past. 

The dome is under the trees where the main stage was few years ago. The main Glade stage is now massive and near where the the Glade Lounge and the Spaceport used to be. other side of the track (Spike bar side)

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, incident said:

It's basically the big-ish stage next door. If you find one, then you'd struggle not to find the other.

Ahhhh yeah now that you mention it I do remember, but had to really stretch my brain to picture it. It's like opposite the treehouse stage in the woods right. Only ever really poked my head as I walked past. Thanks!

Looking at the 2019 line up of the 3/4 stages in the Glade area has depressed me. So much variety.

Main -  https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/line-up/line-up-2019/#glade

Lounge - 2019 | Glastonbury Festival (glastonburyfestivals.co.uk)

Spaceport - https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/line-up/line-up-2019/#spaceport

That said I do love the new layout now. Without doubt less is more with the 2 decent venues with amazing sound.

However, line up wise, I don't think anyone can argue that this year's line up is better than that. 

Edited by danbailey80

21 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

Looking at the 2019 line up of the 3/4 stages in the Glade area has depressed me. So much variety.

Main -  https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/line-up/line-up-2019/#glade

Lounge - 2019 | Glastonbury Festival (glastonburyfestivals.co.uk)

Spaceport - https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/line-up/line-up-2019/#spaceport

That said I do love the new layout now. Without doubt less is more with the 2 decent venues with amazing sound.

However, line up wise, I don't think anyone can argue that this year's line up is better than that. 

I often look back at previous year's lineups with envious eyes. Why on earth I didn't close out the festival with Giant Swan (RIP) and Squarepusher in 2019 is completely beyond me. No doubt, in 2029 I'll look back on this years event and have similar thoughts

2 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I often look back at previous year's lineups with envious eyes. Why on earth I didn't close out the festival with Giant Swan (RIP) and Squarepusher in 2019 is completely beyond me. No doubt, in 2029 I'll look back on this years event and have similar thoughts

I don't think I'll look back at 2024 and think, 'I wish I'd watched Camelphat and some more jump up drumnbass.' 😄

Edited by danbailey80
  • Like 1

Just now, danbailey80 said:

I don't think I'll look back and think, 'I wish I'd washed Camelphat and some more jump up drumnbass.' 😄

😃 Maybe not, but I guarantee there'll be a number of acts you don't know today but you will in the next few years, and you'll wish you saw them (hindsight being 20/20, of course). 

This is why people clamour for the lineup asap isn't it? To discover some of the under the radar acts that become must-sees. Dig deep, I reckon there'll still be lots of interest.

• Upvote 2

Did I read somewhere that 'Fabric' are taking over a stage in Silver Hayes one of the days?

If so I wonder if this is where the likes of Sasha/ Craig Richards/ Digweed etc may end up..? 

Also there is the talk of Levels getting bigger this year. 

10 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

Did I read somewhere that 'Fabric' are taking over a stage in Silver Hayes one of the days?

If so I wonder if this is where the likes of Sasha/ Craig Richards/ Digweed etc may end up..? 

Expect any of the names below:

Screenshot_20240415-170000.png

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Expect any of the names below:

Screenshot_20240415-170000.png

If they get a full day's programme, with the variety that fabric champion, that could be phenomenal.

I'd be delighted if that was The Levels or Lonely Hearts, as the former is a spectacle, but the sound on the latter last year was spectacular. 

What about DVS1 b2b Helena Hauff at 1am on The Levels.

Can you even imagine?!

Ben

1 minute ago, bennyhana22 said:

If they get a full day's programme, with the variety that fabric champion, that could be phenomenal.

I'd be delighted if that was The Levels or Lonely Hearts, as the former is a spectacle, but the sound on the latter last year was spectacular. 

Can you even imagine?!

Ben

HAAI on the LH sound system please 😍

Oh man, this has got me having serious flashbacks to how great Saturday night was on Lonely Hearts last year.

Bohmer > Cooper > Hauff > Avery

The only error was that I dragged my gang away after about 45mins of DA to get to Truth for Scalping, then we couldn't get in as they'd closed the entrance to Shangri-La, so we went somewhere else, then they reopened the entrance and people caught up did get to Truth!

Moral: if you're dancing and it's fantastic, it almost certainly won't be more fantastic elsewhere. Stay there!

Ben

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Can you even imagine?!

Ben

DVS1 currently in the Netherlands on Saturday.

Hauff currently free all weekend.

Possibilities. Sunday night closer?

1 hour ago, danbailey80 said:

bigger likely just means moving the stands back a little bit so more people can fit in the area. It was needlessly restricted last year