Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

1 hour ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Just had a listen. Noisy, dark, industrial and right up my street.

We need day splits, pronto. I can see myself spending hardly any time on the top three stages at this rate

This is the way…

4 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Just had a listen. Noisy, dark, industrial and right up my street.

We need day splits, pronto. I can see myself spending hardly any time on the top three stages at this rate

Just imagine them dropping into Over the Walls at 2am. Fuck me. 

Ben

Yet to listen to the Overmono album in full, very excited to here it - despite a big bulk being released as singles prior, but I guess the same could be said for Sub Focus' album (Evolve) - been listening to it for a good chunk of today, absolutely love it, really worth checking out if you haven't already!

To go with Scalping on Shangri La I've also found I like Working Men's Club who are on at Woodsies. Slightly more ravey beefed New Order/New Wavey thingy perhaps.... Both on the fringes my usual electronic/dance  tastes but still rocking 

Edited by rgalbraith
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, rgalbraith said:

To go with Scalping on Shangri La I've also found I like Working Men's Club who are on at Woodsies. Slightly more ravey beefed New Order/New Wavey thingy perhaps.... Both on the fringes my usual electronic/dance  tastes but still rocking 

I’m a big fan of Scalping, tick a lot of boxes. Not so impressed when I’ve seen WMC previously but I’ve only seen them once so might’ve been an off night. 

10 hours ago, rwoo said:

I’m a big fan of Scalping, tick a lot of boxes. Not so impressed when I’ve seen WMC previously but I’ve only seen them once so might’ve been an off night. 

I've only seen WMC once, and was a little bit frustrated that they didn't translate the pounding momentum of their (at that time debut and only) LP into the live setting. Hopefully now, a couple of years later, they've found their live legs. On that day (at Green Man), PVA, who are hewn from the same electronic dance block, were considerably better than WMC. Still planning on seeing them for a second time in TSFKAJPT, mind.

Ben

3 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

I've only seen WMC once, and was a little bit frustrated that they didn't translate the pounding momentum of their (at that time debut and only) LP into the live setting. Hopefully now, a couple of years later, they've found their live legs. On that day (at Green Man), PVA, who are hewn from the same electronic dance block, were considerably better than WMC. Still planning on seeing them for a second time in TSFKAJPT, mind.

Ben

Hoping PVA pop up somewhere, wanted to catch them live for a while. 

29 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Ben

I saw WMC at Green Man too! Hoping PVA make an appearance at Glasto as well

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Hoping PVA pop up somewhere, wanted to catch them live for a while. 

They're ace. Saw them again in Birmingham earlier this year in a lovely small venue and they were brilliant.

With Woodsies now announced and no William's Green, we might be disappointed. I guess The Rabbit Hole might be our saviour.

Ben

4 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

They're ace. Saw them again in Birmingham earlier this year in a lovely small venue and they were brilliant.

With Woodsies now announced and no William's Green, we might be disappointed. I guess The Rabbit Hole might be our saviour.

Ben

Yeah WG would have been an obvious choice. 

Early Park maybe?

On 5/11/2023 at 5:42 PM, Stanton said:

Stumbled across them a couple of years ago late night in Crossaint Nuef, they were excellent. One of my fav gigs that year. 

They were on my list (it was late Sunday 2019) but I was at Janelle Monae and hot-footed to the SEC instead & Josh Wink. I'll try harder this time around.

Could it be an early contender for an ED thread meeting point?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Madyaker said:

I guess they're not bringing the old Genosys back? Maybe we've seen the last of it 😞 

Genosys.JPG

In a very bad way, by all accounts.

The bus last year was a bit of a disappointment. Let's hope they've had the time (and money) to come up with something for the best field on the site.