Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

38 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Anyone seen and liked Alan Fitzpatrick?

I'm seeing him on NYD and getting increasingly excited, based on what I see online. His approach to techno seems to ring true with me!

Any thoughts? For example, let's say I was faced with an Alan Fitzpatrick vs. Ben Klock clash (playing different rooms on NYD in Brum). Where would you go?

Ben

Generally I like Fitzpatrick. I like the fact he often plays a bit of Old Skool sounding stuff, but I've seen him play and be quite boring....

Ben Klock has never disappointed.

1 hour ago, Cieran said:

Had no idea Shanti played Wire, gutted I missed that.

I can confirm Ben UFO and Finn b2b was excellent. Spoke to Finn once he finished and he was ecstatic with how it went.  

he actually posted the full recording on his website! I really need to re listen to it:

http://finn-johannsen.de/2016/06/05/live-acetate-the-wire-club-leeds-june-3rd-2016/

Yeah it was shanti celeste and Martyn. Think it was March 16.

Edited by Memory Man
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Awww. That's a bit disappointing! Well, hopefully they won't clash and I can check out both. Ben Klock is playing 4 sets on NYD - 3 in the UK and in Berlin! So Gawd knows when he'll play in the 1600-0400h event in Birmingham. I can't get there until about 6.30-7pm so I'll be super cross if he gets the opening slot!!

Thanks, Matt. What are your NY rave plans?

:)

Ben

I will be at motion Bristol! Where ben klock will also be ;)

Awww. That's a bit disappointing! Well, hopefully they won't clash and I can check out both. Ben Klock is playing 4 sets on NYD - 3 in the UK and in Berlin! So Gawd knows when he'll play in the 1600-0400h event in Birmingham. I can't get there until about 6.30-7pm so I'll be super cross if he gets the opening slot!!

Ben

I will be at motion Bristol! Where ben klock will also be ;)

The rest of the bill is smashing too

Ben

I am such a tit.

Alan Fitzpatrick and Ben Klock are playing the same frickin' room...!

:rolleyes:

Ben

On 20/12/2016 at 11:38 PM, joeh said:

I Won tickets to next year's junction 2 festival, I've heard good things about it! Did anyone on here go this year, if so how was it?

On 21/12/2016 at 5:40 PM, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

I believe Mr 42 went to it, group of my mates went and said it was brilliant, sound was good and a great line up, bit of a trek out to the site so it may well put off some of the more fair weather fans which led to a good vibe apparently

ello

here's my lowdown and i'm gonna sound like a bit of a c**t but :(

Venue: Incredible... I wish other festivals used this location because the location is BREATHTAKING... and I mean it!

Music: Sound quality is fucking marvelous, it ticks all the boxes, each stage had impeccable sound

Crowd: Now this is where it let me down... I felt like it had a real obnoxious crowd and we had a few problems with some obvious tourists coming to clearly cause trouble.

Personally I think you'l have a great time if you go... but i'l be going field day this year instead

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

ello

here's my lowdown and i'm gonna sound like a bit of a c**t but :(

Venue: Incredible... I wish other festivals used this location because the location is BREATHTAKING... and I mean it!

Music: Sound quality is fucking marvelous, it ticks all the boxes, each stage had impeccable sound

Crowd: Now this is where it let me down... I felt like it had a real obnoxious crowd and we had a few problems with some obvious tourists coming to clearly cause trouble.

Personally I think you'l have a great time if you go... but i'l be going field day this year instead

Thanks for the reply! Venue and sounds seem great, what sort of trouble were they causing? 

I'm thinking of trying out field day as well 

38 minutes ago, joeh said:

Thanks for the reply! Venue and sounds seem great, what sort of trouble were they causing? 

I'm thinking of trying out field day as well 

very aggressive towards some of my female friends + some guys were walking around very fucked / coked up asserting their masculinity if you get what I mean.

I just didn't like the fact I had to keep looking over my shoulder

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

very aggressive towards some of my female friends + some guys were walking around very fucked / coked up asserting their masculinity if you get what I mean.

I just didn't like the fact I had to keep looking over my shoulder

Yeah I get what you mean, I feel like there's those kind of dickheads almost everywhere you go unfortunately:/

5 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

hmm is that so?

Great festival, don't get me wrong - but the last couple years when it was two days, and the Saturdays were more dance focused, there were still enough people knocking about that liked the bands but couldn't give a shit about the DJs which can make for a bit of a disappointing experience. 

Plus I think the location, the short sets and the relative affordability can make for a weird atmosphere. Alright for the bands but when people dip in and out of tents for 5 minutes and are mandied off their nut it's a bit oo-er. Never seen any aggression or anything, mind, but never really had a fun crowd for a DJ. 

11 minutes ago, joeh said:

Have you been to any dance day festivals that do have a friendly crowd?

No but it's also not primarily a dance festival. Though this year's lineup might see it be a bit different. 

9 hours ago, Tuna said:

Never seen any aggression or anything, mind, but never really had a fun crowd for a DJ. 

The crowds early on in the day can be a bit dry, but I thought they've been good later on if you get right into the middle. Maybe I've just been too wasted to notice.

A few years ago now, but the (admittedly fairly small) crowd for Karenn was one of the best ones I've been in ever. Everyone was going mental.

• 2 weeks later...