Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

Folks. Fairly out of touch with what's happening with dance music at the moment. I'm keen to remedy this before the festival, and will have a dig through this thread as a start. But I was wondering if anyone could recommend any good podcasts or such like that I could put on my phone? Pretty much all my music listening these days is done whilst commuting and via Spotify, where it's a struggle to find good mixes. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

P.S. I'm open to pretty much any genre, as long as it gets the feet moving B)

On 29/04/2017 at 10:33 AM, chimmer said:

Thinking with Justice, Boys Noize, the strong rumour of Soulwax/2manydjs and other rumours of Bloody Beetroots, Erol Alkan, we could be transported back to 2007!

anymore electro acts of that era anyone would like to see make an appearance?

Erol doesn't really play like that any more but remains a thoroughly excellent DJ that you should still see whenever you can. Really hoping he plays at glastonbury but running out of areas he could be announced for now. Beat hotel doesn't normally get too many artists that are playing their only gig of the festival there it can be a lot of doubling up.

Vitalic is playing Bluedot but probably won't appear at G

Edited by Memory Man

12 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

Erol doesn't really play like that any more but remains a thoroughly excellent DJ that you should still see whenever you can. Really hoping he plays at glastonbury but running out of areas he could be announced for now. Beat hotel doesn't normally get too many artists that are playing their only gig of the festival there it can be a lot of doubling up.

Vitalic is playing Bluedot but probably won't appear at G

Beat Hotel had quite a few last year that only played the 1 set.

Reckonwing x Tasker, Ruf Dug, Pender Street Steppers, DJ Tennis and Auntie Flo. That's just from a quick glance.

The whole line-up last year was bloody silly, i'd be over the moon if they pulled something similar out of the bag this year. 

2 minutes ago, Cieran said:

Beat Hotel had quite a few last year that only played the 1 set.

Reckonwing x Tasker, Ruf Dug, Pender Street Steppers, DJ Tennis and Auntie Flo. That's just from a quick glance.

The whole line-up last year was bloody silly, i'd be over the moon if they pulled something similar out of the bag this year. 

Also, John Talabot last year if I remember correctly

still possible then!

Part of what i said for the bigger names goes off Greg Wilson's story about beat hotel wanting him to play but they assumed he would already be on site and they couldnt pay him anywhere close to enough to make it worthwhile for one set.

Last time erol played he doubled up beat hotel with Genosys

12 hours ago, Matt42 said:

For the techno heads - a yooful artist to watch is definitely Decka. Sums up my style of techno so well...

Reckon he's too niche to play Glastonbury at the moment... but hey... 2019 maybe?

It will surprise you not one jot to hear that that is right up my street, Matt.

What I wouldn't give for a whole bunch of sets like this at Glastonbury. Just listening to it makes me a bit cross that there will be loads of cheesy happy-clappy tech-house for the undiscerning gurners, rather than this slab of brilliance...

Fingers crossed that the Common, Arcadia and Beat Hotel come through to continue Block 9's good start (with a smattering of Silver Hayes, but I'm just not sure I'll end up up there much...).

Ben

19 hours ago, The60ftOctopus said:

I didn't. Really regret it now.

How was the light show? 

Light show was superb

i'm not the biggest fan of Ben klock but he absolutely smashed it. What a set!

56 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

It will surprise you not one jot to hear that that is right up my street, Matt.

What I wouldn't give for a whole bunch of sets like this at Glastonbury. Just listening to it makes me a bit cross that there will be loads of cheesy happy-clappy tech-house for the undiscerning gurners, rather than this slab of brilliance...

Fingers crossed that the Common, Arcadia and Beat Hotel come through to continue Block 9's good start (with a smattering of Silver Hayes, but I'm just not sure I'll end up up there much...).

Ben

Haha yes Ben! Good stuff

it does feel like shangri la and the common have realised they are massively over subscribed at peak hours and are doing what they can within their individual limitations to make capacities bigger & fit people in so they can enjoy themselves.

good to see them evolving & trying to get better & better year on year

26 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Light show was superb

i'm not the biggest fan of Ben klock but he absolutely smashed it. What a set!

Haha yes Ben! Good stuff

I'm fairly certain you were raving on about how much you loved Ben Klock not too long ago

Edited by Cieran

1 hour ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Skream is playing the Thursday and Friday as per his post on instagram 

@eFestivals

Friday is b2b with Solardo on Arcadia 

(What a waste of a slot) 

What is the fascination with Solardo? Sounds like every other house dj at the moment. 

I'm surprised there isn't much love for the Shangdi La lineup here. Thought the Gas Tower lineup was pretty strong myself.

Edited by EZYSEY

Solardo got very high energy all the time... seen them live before and it was pretty fun. I would prefer to see some techno acts on arcadia instead tho.

Lovebullets going to announce their line up on Friday. They did move from shangri-la this year which makes me regret not visiting them last year!

17 minutes ago, satas said:

Solardo got very high energy all the time... seen them live before and it was pretty fun. I would prefer to see some techno acts on arcadia instead tho.

Lovebullets going to announce their line up on Friday. They did move from shangri-la this year which makes me regret not visiting them last year!

Interesting, I wonder where they'll go. I've not yet been yet, not much on there last year that I fancied. 

37 minutes ago, satas said:

I'm no doubting you, just wondering where you saw they're announcing on Friday? 

Just now, Mezhyp1 said:

I hadn't seen The Glade saying they were announcing on Friday, my bad. 

I'd just see LBHQs FB page saying announcement soon 

Spoke to my friend who has a connection with them and they confirmed at Glade this year, unless they are in new saxon markets area

11 minutes ago, Grinding aftertaste said:

Have had this on today and agree it's a belter. Nice and eclectic. Is he playing?

Indeed he is! He's playing b2b with Antal in Silver Hayes. Wouldn't be surprised if he's somewhere else over the weekend, possibly Beat Hotel or Temple. He'd suit finishing up on the Temple Monday morning.