Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

On 5/17/2024 at 2:48 PM, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

At the moment, I've really lucked out with acts confirmed on Sunday - Elkka, Nia Archives, Justice, Stingray 313, Goldie, OR:LA, Andy C. 

Plus we've got the announced stages to publish day splits, bound to be more amongst that lot, plus Block 9, Arcadia, San Remo, Greenpeace and Babylon Uprising! I'll be getting my steps in, for sure

They are all on my list as well! 

6 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

I guess it's perfectly possible that, after being so prevalent the last few festivals, he might be having this off?

In other E/D news, I think we're pretty certain of Block9 dropping on Friday, folks. 

Ben

He'll definitely be there, man loves the place. Whether he gets a proper slot or not is a different matter. I'll be at Daphni on Stonebridge to see if he's waiting on the wings as Dan was for him last year (I'm repeating myself but I don't care. I love that man.) 

Screenshot_2024-05-15-13-59-00-87_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

I'm only just getting in Dance music and like the sound of Camelphat but am worried its a big name so will be ramned and I wont be able to get anywhere near. Keen to try as its one of only maybe half a dozen EDM acts I've found to my taste so far but will it be a nightmare? Also digging Layla Benetiz, is there anything else worth checking out in that dark techno sort of vibe rather than D'N'B

15 minutes ago, Firefly_TW said:

I'm only just getting in Dance music and like the sound of Camelphat but am worried its a big name so will be ramned and I wont be able to get anywhere near. Keen to try as its one of only maybe half a dozen EDM acts I've found to my taste so far but will it be a nightmare? Also digging Layla Benetiz, is there anything else worth checking out in that dark techno sort of vibe rather than D'N'B

if they headline the Sunday - looks like they are on the poster - you'll be ok - A LOT of people will be at Justice anyway and there are cool headliners across the festival as well.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Firefly_TW said:

Welcome to the thread! It's great that you're getting into your dance. In terms of 'dark', Camelphat are quite light! They're much more at the tech-house end of the spectrum. Layla Benitez plays techno, but it's very big room, crowd pleasing bangers - nothing wrong with that! The darker stuff is likely to be on IICON and Genosys, so we should know much more on Friday when the Block9 area drop is due to land. And, hopefully, the new incarnation of Arcadia will have one night at least partly given over to techno. 

Once those are known, you should see a mass of chat in here, so just listen to stuff and ask away. There are many very knowledgable people who post in the thread who can guide you through your indoctrination. 

Ben

😌

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Welcome to the thread! It's great that you're getting into your dance. In terms of 'dark', Camelphat are quite light! They're much more at the tech-house end of the spectrum. Layla Benitez plays techno, but it's very big room, crowd pleasing bangers - nothing wrong with that! The darker stuff is likely to be on IICON and Genosys, so we should know much more on Friday when the Block9 area drop is due to land. And, hopefully, the new incarnation of Arcadia will have one night at least partly given over to techno. 

Once those are known, you should see a mass of chat in here, so just listen to stuff and ask away. There are many very knowledgable people who post in the thread who can guide you through your indoctrination. 

Ben

😌

Awesome thanks, yeah still getting my head around the genres 😄

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Talcroft said:

He'll definitely be there, man loves the place. Whether he gets a proper slot or not is a different matter. I'll be at Daphni on Stonebridge to see if he's waiting on the wings as Dan was for him last year (I'm repeating myself but I don't care. I love that man.) 

Sometimes life/family/kids has other plans. Maybe someone close decided to get married that weekend or something 🤷‍♂️ 

14 minutes ago, Twiggy553 said:

Sometimes life/family/kids has other plans. Maybe someone close decided to get married that weekend or something 🤷‍♂️ 

Floating Points has confirmed he's having a year off. Given they're close friends I'd presume Kieran is doing the same.

8 minutes ago, Trunks1993 said:

Floating Points has confirmed he's having a year off. Given they're close friends I'd presume Kieran is doing the same.

Maybe they weren’t impressed by the headliners this year 😂 

Random trancey venue in green fields?

Few years ago I remember there was a random smallish tent somewhere in the green fields that played some trance type music at night. Not sure if remotely official more likely a pop up thing that’s something else in the day time. It was lovely though. Def off the main areas. 

Any ideas if this still happens?

14 hours ago, hblow said:

Hey guys I was wondering of you guys know if any decent 140/dub step djs playing this year 🙂

Hard to say what type of set most DJs are gonna play but I'd say these are pretty likely to feed your wub craving:

Hamdi - Temple
Skream & Benga - Silver hayes + at least one more set (prob Arcadia, IICON?)
Addison Groove - Stonebridge
Joy Orbison - Silver Hayes
Zed Bias - Unfairground

I'm sure at least one of them won't play a single 140s tune and there's a load more on the lineup that will!

A few others you might enjoy if you like that kind of thing:

Bakey

Jay Carder

Surusinghe

Mixtress

Denham Audio

BluMitsu

1 hour ago, quilani said:

Hard to say what type of set most DJs are gonna play but I'd say these are pretty likely to feed your wub craving:

Hamdi - Temple
Skream & Benga - Silver hayes + at least one more set (prob Arcadia, IICON?)
Addison Groove - Stonebridge
Joy Orbison - Silver Hayes
Zed Bias - Unfairground

I'm sure at least one of them won't play a single 140s tune and there's a load more on the lineup that will!

A few others you might enjoy if you like that kind of thing:

Bakey

Jay Carder

Surusinghe

Mixtress

Denham Audio

BluMitsu

Caught Jay Carder  at Shambala last year I second the recomendation 

It might have been mentioned before but I've just discovered it myself that the official Glastonbury 2024 playlist on Spotify is actually a good way to find new artists this year. Previously I'm sure it has just been made up of acts from the main stages, whatever the genre, but this year it is generated based on your listening trends. Given that 99% of the time I listen to dance music on spotify, it's actually come up with a pretty decent list, with lots of names I had no idea they were to my taste.

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/37i9dQZF1DX0CpdwmkC9SB?si=fe69cb2e1f294300

3 minutes ago, CH0161 said:

Looking forward to Amelie Lens and Eric Prydz on the new Arcadia.

1 minute ago, bennyhana22 said:

Holy sh*t!

HAAi b2b KI/KI

Eric Prydz

Amelie Lens

Techno is back at Arcadia 

🙌🏽🙌🏽🙌🏽🙌🏽🙌🏽🙌🏽🙌🏽🙌🏽🙌🏽🙌🏽

Ben

Can't believe how good it is looking!