The Park 2015

Tuna

Finished things off on Sunday night with the Gutterfunk closing party in the Stonebridge Bar.

Feet are still aching even now.

I was there too, was absolutely ace. I didn't know who was on when I wandered in though, so I misheard and thought it was Ghetto Funk Collective, thanks for correcting me.

Edited by Winslow Leach

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was my first Glasto this year, and I had heard such good things about the park from this forum that i thought it couldn't live up to my expectations. But it did! it was probably one of my favourite areas of the festival. Wolf Alice and King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard smashed it.

I thought Super Furry Animals and Spiritualized were my favourites of the weekend.

Also saw part of King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard, Sharon Van Etten, Jamie xx (too many people), Father John Misty (who was brilliant), Mavis Staples (loved), Fat White Family (and lead singers cock), Perfume Genius.   

The Park and the Avalon are my favourite stages.  I was wandering more this year, so missed some acts I wanted to see at the Park, but ffrom what I saw, Benjamin Booker was excellent, his tunes have lots of raw energy and he delivered this in a great way.  Spiritualized were brilliant in the evening/night and definately one of my highlights.

I've visited the Lebanse place every year and loved it, but went this year, and was quite upset by the woman being really fucking rude and short with me. I was just politely pointing at stuff and asking her what it was, not excessively, just trying to decide what I wanted, there was no queue. It was delicious though.

I stood there looking hopeful and waiting to be served for a full ten minutes before giving up and going to the noodle bar next door - plenty of staff and no queue, just staff with a fucking attitude.

Apart from that, loved The Park as usual!

FJM properly nailed it, but he is such a w*nker, although I did find that oddly endearing. I'll allow his too-cool-for-school in between song banter because he was so good.

yeah his in between song banter was pretty cringey - a lot of stuff about there being lots of young girls in the crowd and other borderline-rapey comments. but yeah, his performance was absolutely spot on so i can't fault him for that (and to be fair a lot of his lyrics are pretty cringey as well)

I've not listened to any of his other stuff than I Love You Honeybear, but from what I can gather, Father John Misty is more of a character? The concept of the album to me seems to be broadly about a cynical prick who gets changed and humbled by falling in love. With the set being very heavily Honeybear stuff, I'd say he was performing "in character", hence the smug banter.

loved the park. missed almost everything I wanted to see. went to see the secret gig of frank turner at strummerville instead of wolf alice. van etten was actually a must-see but went for the libertines... :-) at least I saw gaz coombes there, just brilliant!

went to see the secret gig of frank turner at strummerville instead of wolf alice.

Not wanting to make you feel bad but it was possible to see both...I did! Wolf Alice was 5pm-6pm (different to the programme) and then a 5-10 minute walk to Strummerville before Frank started.

One of my favourite sets of the weekend. Kind of wanted him to do a couple of Supergrass tunes, but in the end loved every song, not knowing any of them. Must get the album. Stonking tunes!

Its really good yeah. He did 4 off the first album too I think. He doesn't do any Supergrass tunes anywhere really. 

So so good. Got right up the front too. 

People said it was packed but if you walked up via Lands End Bar it was easy to get front and centre. Helps if you're 15 minutes early too!

29v1efn.jpg

https://youtu.be/C0_aTEZVeSQ

Those tunes from the new album translated so well, his voice is cracking, too. Decided to stick to the back myself cause of the heat but loved every second of it.

Edited by CHRLY

Seem like the only person who wasn't too impressed by King Gizzard. They were good, but I love them on record and they didn't really - how do I put this - pack as much of a punch live in my opinion.

Might be because I was still confused by Pussy Riot's appearance before them., in fairness.