how are you celebrating/mourning?

Guest yellowsnow

I'm watching some videos on youtube and speaking to my first timer sister :) Also silently trying to convince myself I can pay for the ticket after already booking a holiday to le USA and needing a new car! I'm a firm believer in fate and believe I didn't get tickets for this year's festival because I couldn't pay for them/ go comfortably. I've taken today as a sign that it will work out!

I have never had this feeling of being unsuccessful - this would have been my 10th year (8th in a row). I don't know what to do with myself, I had a tear or two earlier now the realisation has kicked in and I have had a few beers, I got to the booking page at around 9:20am, just booking one for me as I am solo this year after splitting with the wife, so I put in the reg details and post code in within seconds but then it just hung trying to go though to the payment page, I refreshed and went back a couple of times but it wouldnt go through to payment, then the dreaded sold out page apeared on my iPad so Iknew that was it. Beer is going down quickly now I can tell thee

Edited by Aragorn

I have never had this feeling of being unsuccessful - this would have been my 10th year (8th in a row). I don't know what to do with myself, I had a tear or two earlier now the realisation has kicked in and I have had a few beers, I got to the booking page at around 9:20am, just booking one for me as I am solo this year after splitting with the wife, so I put in the reg details and post code in within seconds but then it just hung trying to go though to the payment page, I refreshed and went back a couple of times but it wouldnt go through to payment, then the dreaded sold out page apeared on my iPad so Iknew that was it. Beer is going down quickly now I can tell thee

:(

Have a lot of work to do today, so couldn't start drinking this morning already. Instead, started celebrating by screaming "GLASTOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! HERE I COME AGAIN!", went to the shop after to buy pie :)

Was definately the best pie I had in a year!

I feel alright, oddly. I think I was resigned to it beforehand, and considering what to do with the 500 quid Glasto would have cost me.

And as of yesterday I can walk without sticks, so that's something to celebrate!

I'm still feeling pretty angry at the world, but i think i need to go away & list all the things we could & need to spend the £1000 odd on to make me feel better.