Download 2015

dentalplan

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard 4.90 but someone may be able to confirm

Yes, it's 4.90 - that was a shock when I first saw it pop up on the till! :(

Cannot believe Muse played Dead Inside and Mercy at Download :sarcastic:, all in all looks like they won Download over though from the footage I've seen. Insane first half to their set too

Haha indeed, I guess after you do Mercy you can't just play it again with Starlight lol. Dead Inside at Download is shocking lol. Personally I don't think the 1st half is great at all, New Born and Hysteria are all that would interest me.

How big did their crowd look like? I know Citizen Erased would be included in the 1st half but I've seen it twice so it wouldn't be major for me.

Edited by thewayiam

Well my first experience of Download was an awesome one :D absolutely brilliant day out.

Highlight of the day was A Day To Remember, who absolutely smashed their slot. Their crowd was bloody massive and everyone was so into it, the band delivered big time. You know you've stepped up when a crowd that big are chanting, "TEN MORE SONGS" at the end of your set :P Jeremy's response to that was, "Maybe one day", and after witnessing their set I genuinely believe that they will be headlining Download in the not too distant future.

Another highlight was Andrew WK, who played one of the funnest sets I've ever experienced, its so cliche but it was just one massive party, really entertaining stuff. Parkway Drive also smashed it, they really do sound incredible live. Their cover of Bulls On Parade was amazing, the crowd went absolutely nuts!

I saw a total of 14 bands and everyone was brilliant, with a few little exceptions, the biggest being Marilyn Manson who was utter garbage. I knew about his ropey reputation as a live act these days, but I was still looking forward to seeing him. The whole thing was just a bit crap, really. He was off his head on whatever his drug of choice is, mumbled his way through the lyrics and just rambled on between songs, proper lackluster stuff and now I know never to see him again. I stayed for his whole set and then went across to Muse for around half an hour after and WOW. You've just got to appreciate what a phenomenal live band they are, and from what I saw they delivered. Their crowd was massive too.

Rise Against also disappointed, I can't put my finger on what it was, but they just didn't do anything for me. I couldn't get into it.

A couple of things about the festival itself surprised me, the main thing being how small the arena is! I've been used to the Arena at Leeds, and with Download being a higher capacity, I assumed the arena would be just as big, if not bigger than Leeds, but it was really much smaller than I expected. I guess it's because there is only four stages. Mind you, it made it very easy to walk between sets and catch more bands, which I'm not going to argue with.

My biggest worry was the weather, with the forecast predicting rain all day. But even that was that bad, it was more of a drizzle all day until around 7pm when it stopped. Nothing some wellies and a waterproof jacket couldn't deal with though.

Overall I had a great first day at Download, and would definitely have no hesitation in going again. The best £85 I've spent in a while :)

Edited by Andre91

Well my first experience of Download was an awesome one :D absolutely brilliant day out.

Highlight of the day was A Day To Remember, who absolutely smashed their slot. Their crowd was bloody massive and everyone was so into it, the band delivered big time. You know you've stepped up when a crowd that big are chanting, "TEN MORE SONGS" at the end of your set :P Jeremy's response to that was, "Maybe one day", and after witnessing their set I genuinely believe that they will be headlining Download in the not too distant future.

Another highlight was Andrew WK, who played one of the funnest sets I've ever experienced, its so cliche but it was just one massive party, really entertaining stuff. Parkway Drive also smashed it, they really do sound incredible live. Their cover of Bulls On Parade was amazing, the crowd went absolutely nuts!

I saw a total of 14 bands and everyone was brilliant, with a few little exceptions, the biggest being Marilyn Manson who was utter garbage. I knew about his ropey reputation as a live act these days, but I was still looking forward to seeing him. The whole thing was just a bit crap, really. He was off his head on whatever his drug of choice is, mumbled his way through the lyrics and just rambled on between songs, proper lackluster stuff and now I know never to see him again. I stayed for his whole set and then went across to Muse for around half an hour after and WOW. You've just got to appreciate what a phenomenal live band they are, and from what I saw they delivered. Their crowd was massive too.

Rise Against also disappointed, I can't put my finger on what it was, but they just didn't do anything for me. I couldn't get into it.

A couple of things about the festival itself surprised me, the main thing being how small the arena is! I've been used to the Arena at Leeds, and with Download being a higher capacity, I assumed the arena would be just as big, if not bigger than Leeds, but it was really much smaller than I expected. I guess it's because there is only four stages. Mind you, it made it very easy to walk between sets and catch more bands, which I'm not going to argue with.

My biggest worry was the weather, with the forecast predicting rain all day. But even that was that bad, it was more of a drizzle all day until around 7pm when it stopped. Nothing some wellies and a waterproof jacket couldn't deal with though.

Overall I had a great first day at Download, and would definitely have no hesitation in going again. The best £85 I've spent in a while :)

I'm kind of glad you thought Manson was crap, watched some of his set from something the other day, it started okay as I've read somewhere else then he just mumbles himself through the set. I'd have only been bothered by 3/4 if you include maybe the chorus of ADTR, see Rise Against were my big to see but I just don't get a good feeling about them live, I know you can't necessarily tell by YouTube but it doesn't come across anywhere close to as good as on record. Andrew WK would have been a rarity to see and Hollywood Undead did interest me but for £97 which would have included my parking for the day and the weather I think I made the right choice. Muse didn't interest me in the slightest, their 2nd half of set for me was much better but I've seen it all 3/4 times before. Glad you enjoyed it though.

We ended up going, milled about a bit, watched ace frehley who was really good, testament who were fucking great, ADTR who we kinda enjoyed, FNM who fucking slayed, and MM who was balls. Left after MM. It's just so draining when you can't sit down at all. Mud was bad but not the worst I've ever endured at DL.

My high point of it all was that I didn't spend a single penny in there, I normally spend about £80-£100 a day. But we took our own drinks in, and I didn't eat. Bravo Mr Copping.

We ended up going, milled about a bit, watched ace frehley who was really good, testament who were fucking great, ADTR who we kinda enjoyed, FNM who fucking slayed, and MM who was balls. Left after MM. It's just so draining when you can't sit down at all. Mud was bad but not the worst I've ever endured at DL.

My high point of it all was that I didn't spend a single penny in there, I normally spend about £80-£100 a day. But we took our own drinks in, and I didn't eat. Bravo Mr Copping.

People have mentioned this 2012 weather, I don't remember the weather being that bad, jumping about in wellies to The Prodigy and C&S before that wasn't the most fun though. This is annoying though, MM is would have looked forward to hoping he'd sorted himself out and I think I'd have felt like just leaving too as missing muse weren't an issue for me and the weather would have made that decision up. Did you catch Hollywood Undead at all or you against them as well?

I think they were coming on when we entered the arena, we just headed to 2nd as we wanted to see testament. I don't really have an opinion on them TBH.

No worries, they would've done anything I really wanted to hear when i saw them last anyway. My days of wanting to be in the rain without sitting down at a fest are coming to an end unless I know there is enough I want to see and that they'll deliver. I do go Glasto which is known for mud but there is places for shelter all over the place. RA and MM giving dodgy previous shows was the killer for me.

I've seen loads of posts on the Official Download Forums from people who have packed up and gone home early because of the mud. Honestly, I don't think it was that bad at all. It was more like swill than thick, sticky mud. Leeds 2013 was infinitely worse.

Although I do agree with t8yman, having got there and queued up from 9:15am it really is hard work having to stay stood up for 14+ hours. By the time FNM came on my back was stiffening up a little, although being right at the front of the Main Stage and losing my mind for Parkway Drive and ADTR probably didn't help :P

People have mentioned this 2012 weather, I don't remember the weather being that bad, jumping about in wellies to The Prodigy and C&S before that wasn't the most fun though. This is annoying though, MM is would have looked forward to hoping he'd sorted himself out and I think I'd have felt like just leaving too as missing muse weren't an issue for me and the weather would have made that decision up. Did you catch Hollywood Undead at all or you against them as well?

I saw Hollywood Undead and was pleasantly surprised. I'm not really a fan of them apart from a couple of songs I used to like when I was younger, but they were alright. I was surprised at the size of their crowd, way bigger than I expected and they got a good response.

I've seen loads of posts on the Official Download Forums from people who have packed up and gone home early because of the mud. Honestly, I don't think it was that bad at all. It was more like swill than thick, sticky mud. Leeds 2013 was infinitely worse.

Although I do agree with t8yman, having got there and queued up from 9:15am it really is hard work having to stay stood up for 14+ hours. By the time FNM came on my back was stiffening up a little, although being right at the front of the Main Stage and losing my mind for Parkway Drive and ADTR probably didn't help :P

So was there massive queues to get in yesterday or something? I don't remember that, last time I went for a day it was just drive in, park up and getting in was a case of just walk in about 1pm or something, about 30 mins before BFS came on maybe.

We didn't have to queue at all, although we entered through the paddock car park as my mate had a press/guest car park pass. Arrived onsite around 2ish I think.

I don't think the mud was bad enough to throw in the towel, it was just a pain in the arse, but I had full waterproofs on and really good boots. And I only endured 1 day. When we left our campsite this morning it was glorious, blue skies and blazing sun. The arena will still be a shithole, but at least it will be nice today hopefully.