Shame, I quite wanted to see Metallica

Guest Major Charles Ingram

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hunting is a huge North American thing. Loads of countries round the world advocate and practice hunting. It's very poncy western world nonsense to want to ban someone just cos they like hunting, humans have been hunting for thousands upon thousands of years!

Animals are made of meat, Y'know

Not a fan, but have to agree - no music genre should be excluded from the running imho if the festival is to retain its credibility - fair play to the organisers for having the confidence to book.

Doesn't mean I like the guy and his politics mind though if nothing else their booking has at least highlighted his poor ideological choices and brought them into discussion.

Hunting is a huge North American thing. Loads of countries round the world advocate and practice hunting. It's very poncy western world nonsense to want to ban someone just cos they like hunting, humans have been hunting for thousands upon thousands of years!

Edited by russycarps

The NRA membership is a bit off-putting too - a horrible, horrible organisation. That puts me off him almost more than the hunting which at least has a flimsy ecological defence. Would it put me off going to see an artist I liked? Probably yes. I avoided James Brown because of the allegations - just wouldn't feel comfortable applauding someone like that. But each to their own.

the way i read the article was they kill 150 male bears each year, keeping the bear population to a manageable level.

Unfortunately the human race is too big and has to find ways of keeping animals to a manageable number.

Right or wrong it's an unfortunate fact of life.

Edited by russycarps

Are we going to turn glastonbury into a completely vegetarian arena then?

'Oh noes, the nannimals have been killed, it's terrible, grilled lettuce and hummus for everyone!'

I have two problems with that. Firstly, Morrissey will feel like he's a winner, and that really angers me.

Secondly, the farts.

Are we going to turn glastonbury into a completely vegetarian arena then?

'Oh noes, the nannimals have been killed, it's terrible, grilled lettuce and hummus for everyone!'

I have two problems with that. Firstly, Morrissey will feel like he's a winner, and that really angers me.

Secondly, the farts.

Hes spoken openly about hunting for the best part of 30 years. This is not news.

Its such a normal thing in America. And Canada as others have said. Doesn't make it right of course but 3 weeks before the festival people are suddenly outraged? Smacks of this Kony cobblers all over again.

If people were really that outraged they would've known already that he was an avid hunter, would be protesting or whatever already, and wouldn't have to rely on a music festival message board to hear about it.

You'd actually find it hard to find people who haven't hunted in America at some stage. Its such a part of the culture.

Brian Ferry getting a free pass by the way and he hunts and kills animals for fun 100 miles away from the festival site!

Whilst I wouldn't condone someone who has no interest in the festival using the 'it's against the spirit...' argument just to push their own cause, I would say lots more people care about the festival and it's values than the small percentage who were lucky enough to get tickets this year. I'd also defend anyones right to protest.

I'd say there are probably less people than the lucky percentage who get tickets who actually care about the values.

Do you really believe 11,000 think like that? Sure there will be some and thats their right to protest their principals but I think its far more likely that 8000 or so people don't think metal should be at Glastonbury.

We'd have alot less WWF appeals on TV if that sort of rate of people cared!

If Jay Z was spotted doing some hunting, how many people do you think would have used that against him playing?