Eyes melting - Ears Bleeding ! Worst Festival Ever !

Guest jpeee

Pretty much everyone has said who they are going to see at Glastonbury but who will you avoid like the plague - Who makes your skin crawl, boils your blood and causes you to drop an aspirin...

Band bashing time - What's the worse case line up for you at this years Glasto ?

Kaiser Cheifs, Elbow, Ed Sheeran, 1975, White Lies & Kodaline would be a cold day in hell for me !

But isn't this what makes Glastonbury so special - there's a line up for everyone

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I must admit that I would steer well clear of Kaiser Chiefs and the 1975, but I'm not going to pretend I'm better than those who love them (not that you are either). You're right - the fact that they book such a wide variety of acts means there will always be stuff that you dislike, if not actively hate!

there's stuff on this years lineup that i don't like and wouldn't be caught dead watching (Ed Sheeran, Jake Bugg, Kaiser Chiefs, Kodaline, Imagine Dragons, Foster The People) but there's nothing quite as offensive as Bastille, who were there last year and will no doubt get a huge Pyramid spot next year, so it's all good

Pretty much everyone has said who they are going to see at Glastonbury but who will you avoid like the plague - Who makes your skin crawl, boils your blood and causes you to drop an aspirin...

Band bashing time - What's the worse case line up for you at this years Glasto ?

Kaiser Cheifs, Elbow, Ed Sheeran, 1975, White Lies & Kodaline would be a cold day in hell for me !

But isn't this what makes Glastonbury so special - there's a line up for everyone

Lilly Allen, just doesn't fit for me pure commercal manufactured pop by numbers wouldn't be suprised if we heard an advertising jingle or 2 in her set like that bloody cover she did for john Lewis! This is Glastonbury not a radio ones big weekend. Im open minded to most forms of music but bland manufactured pop music? id rather drink paint thinner!

I'm really not keen on her new stuff, but just because she is a pop artist, doesn't mean she is bland. I think to be using the pop medium, but to have lyrics like this is actually pretty subversive:

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/lilyallen/fuckyouverymuch.html

Not terrible wonderful lyrics, I grant you. Not your typical pop lyrics either though. Besides, she's been to the festival since she was a kid, so she has history with the place.

Her new music is gash though.

I'm really not keen on her new stuff, but just because she is a pop artist, doesn't mean she is bland. I think to be using the pop medium, but to have lyrics like this is actually pretty subversive:

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/lilyallen/fuckyouverymuch.html

Not terrible wonderful lyrics, I grant you. Not your typical pop lyrics either though.

Edited by LondonTom

end of the day stuartbert she more then likly didnt write it and from what ive seen on live videos has little soul when performing it(if she even sings live that is)., its not so much her anyway as the type of thing she represents, someone like lilly allen who only releases stuff when she runs out of money and fame and comes back with a fucking advert jingle at that are the living embodiment of the `soulless` plastic pop star

Edited by stuartbert two hats

The 1975 are without question the single worst band to exist right now, I'm a peaceful guy by nature, but if the PA system were to say topple over and squash the lot of them then don't be surprised if I'm wielding a hacksaw.

Bastille without question are the single worst band to exist right now, I'm a peaceful guy by nature, but if the PA system were to say topple over and squash the lot of them then don't be surprised if I'm wielding a hacksaw.

That's right, both those bands are so shit that they're able to defy simple numeric logic. Fuck those bands.

Special mentions to: Jake Bugg, Ed Sheeran and Lily Allen (who I was at one point happy was on the line up but her hamfisted satire has made her the single worst musician in existence... anyone who calls their album 'Sheezus' as if it's clever satire deserves to have a claw hammer driven through their skull)