Veggie

Guest ItsBadForYa

Well, you'll be spoilt for choice! Depends to some extent if you are happy to eat food cooked at a place that serves meat (Moorish in West holts for example) or if you just want to pure veggie... Like the curry stall just over the bridge from West holts, or hurly burly in the car us fields. And if you make your way to the greenfield there are hundreds of great food stalls, pretty much all veggie

I'm a veggie and I love eating at Glastonbury. So many places to choose! I've always found the better stuff is away from the main areas, especially up in and around the Greenfields. Plus for a donation (or not, the choice is yours) you can get a 'freeish' tasty veggie meal from the Buddhas down in one of the main shopping strips, I forget exactly where. I think somewhere near West Holts field.. Happy bunch those Buddhas :)

Edited by sime

Goodness Gracious do vegan and veggie burgers, falafels, salads, breakfasts and cakes. They are lovely, the tofu burger is particularly nice and comes in a wholemeal bun with a seedy salad. Also do vegan mayo etc

They have a few vans dotted over the site, one to left of Other stage http://www.mobileveggiefood.co.uk

There was also a stall selling salad boxes, that I meant to go to I think between railway line and west holts. Was in a hurry to meet friends so didn't stop and didn't get a chance to go back but they looked yummy.....

I frequently walked past the halloumi cheese guy and I love halloumi but I'm not a salad fan. He does halloumi and salad wraps. I like vegetables but really have no desire to eat salad (mainly because I hate tomatoes and cucumber). They look amazing though and I wish he sold more stuff that would appeal to me because halloumi is about one of the best foods ever. I've seen people recommend him on here before so it might be worth checking it out, if only i could remember what it's called!

My mum is vegetarian so it's normal for me to look at the vegetarian options wherever I go, usually to make sure there's something she can eat as she's allergic to mushrooms as well. This means when I'm at Glastonbury I'm often checking out the veggie food too, and there is so much of it. It's amazing what's available. I like to buy fresh fruit from stalls as well, which is something you might appreciate to snack on if you feel you need a boost or just some tasty fruit. It's nothing like festivals that just have expensive burger vans and the like. A friend went to Download as a special VIP guest of Iron Maiden last year and even as a VIP he said he got sick of eating burgers. I don't know if that was him being lazy or if that really was pretty much that was all available. Explore the green fields etc, I hear there's a lot of lovely vegan and vegetarian food in those types of fields!