DRINK!

TaBoosh

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see a lot of 'I'll buy beer/cider there', so there must be an off licence there, where is that? I didn't see it last year, is it reasonably priced?

there is one but its not a normal off-licence - its a off-licence / wholesalers for certain traders and they require a special pass to reach that area so its not open to the public - sorry.

I took 40 cans in 2013. Gave away 16 on the Monday morning.

I took 30 cans in 2014. Gave away 12 on the Monday morning.

This year I reckon I'll take just the 10 lagers and up to half a dozen special beers and save myself the pain of carrying so much. Then buy some nice ciders on site and take the usual litre of rum, litre of vodka, litre of novelty spirit (2013 was apricot wine, 2014 mead).

I just don't drink that much, I guess.

I've had to pack hella light the last few years which meant i could only take one box of 24, which was always rinsed within 24hr's and I end up spending hundereds in the bar's on site. This year however is a differnt story and I'm looking at deals atm. Also using a decent sack truck this year.

20 cans of stella

10 cans of strongbow dark fruits

20 little cans of Rekordelig

2lts rum & redbull (pre mix)

2lts G&T (premix)

1 Ltr of lemon vodka that my missus is hopfully starting tonight. (just lemon juice & sugar in cheap vodka, i'm dubious)

thats bettween 2 of us

Edited by bennyboi

1 bottle of spirits, 2x 3l boxes of Westons, 24x cans of something for two people.

I'll buy some Brothers and plenty of cocktails when I'm there.

It will all be gone by Sunday, apart from the spirits which never get finished.

I take all this on a trolley by coach. National Express love it.

you ever had any problem bringing a trolley on to a coach? always thought about doing it but would hate for them to tell me to fuck off and have to leave the trolley and/or ale behind

you ever had any problem bringing a trolley on to a coach? always thought about doing it but would hate for them to tell me to fuck off and have to leave the trolley and/or ale behind

Was fine on National express last year, was my worry about getting coach to! Just one of those B&Q sack trucks I used, so it wasn't actually taking up that much more room than rucksack, had the beer crates on the bottom (can't for the life of me remember what I had, think it was probs 2 x 12 Kopperbergs and 24 pack of a shity lager or similar), with a rain cover over the rucksack and them so it wasn't as "obvious" incase they wanted me to off load the alcohol =p

Plus Quecha pop up tent seperately.

Was fine on National express last year, was my worry about getting coach to! Just one of those B&Q sack trucks I used, so it wasn't actually taking up that much more room than rucksack, had the beer crates on the bottom (can't for the life of me remember what I had, think it was probs 2 x 12 Kopperbergs and 24 pack of a shity lager or similar), with a rain cover over the rucksack and them so it wasn't as "obvious" incase they wanted me to off load the alcohol =p

Plus Quecha pop up tent seperately.

think that'll be me this year then! as much as i wish i could just bring spirits, nothing beats cracking open a beer on arrival. did some serious damage to my back last year with 24 lagers in my backpack as well as the other stuff

No problems. On the way back once they had deconstructed it, but that was because we were one of the last ones on and there wasn't much room. I take a folding fishing trolley and just use bungee cords so it wouldn't be much of an issue if I had to unpack it.

There were plenty of people in the queue at gate A last year with fully loaded and wrapped up sack trolleys and friends said that there were a few people on their coach who had the same. No idea who their coach was with though.

Has anyone seen any packs of Brothers cans on sale for a reasonable price?

I found them in tescos last year (not online though) so it's a case of keeping eyes peeled

the year before it was Asda (all favours too :))

Edited by shoptildrop

• 1 month later...

Haha, I like the proper stuff too but still don't wanna miss out on my sugar filled strawberry cider to kick off proceedings after an early rise and 2 tiring trips from the car and back again. Love it.

Buy some proper cider not that alco-pop pish.

Haha, I like the proper stuff too but still don't wanna miss out on my sugar filled strawberry cider to kick off proceedings after an early rise and 2 tiring trips from the car and back again. Love it.

Make your own? Get a bottle of value white lightning etc and a bottle of strawberry syrup and mix? ;)

For 6 of us we're taking-

6 x 20 creates of fruit cider (Mix of strongbow dark fruit, rekorderling & brothers)

4 x 20 creates of normal cider (Strongbow and Magners)

2L Vodka

2L Dark Rum

1L Some type of shot stuff, absynth maybe? or probably just end up with sambuca?

For 6 of us we're taking-

6 x 20 creates of fruit cider (Mix of strongbow dark fruit, rekorderling & brothers)

4 x 20 creates of normal cider (Strongbow and Magners)

2L Vodka

2L Dark Rum

1L Some type of shot stuff, absynth maybe? or probably just end up with sambuca?

I worry for your stomach lining...