Lana Del Rey ( confirmed ) :)

Guest ksalem

4 hours ago, WestCountryGirl said:

For anyone on the fence, you can catch her full MITA set here:

I don't want to spoil the whole thing but I just skipped through a few moments to satisfy my curiosity. It is clear she is still SO nervous performing live, and I found the backing track use at some points to be off-putting, but it's also clear how she very much grows in confidence as the set goes on. Genuinely I am lying here in tears in bed right now cause of how close to (I think, happy?) tears she is when she sees how the crowd respond to her starting DYKTTATUOB.

I can only hope her crowd at Glasto is as dedicated as this lot. I know I'll be right there singing every fucking word.

This set list is incredible and everything I could want - cannot wait to see this as the sun goes down over the Other stage < 3

so hard to look at a lana set list and not get overly picky about the songs missing, but that setlist is pretty amazing.

would love to see a few more songs from NFR though. but also i struggle to take songs out... 🤣

4 hours ago, TiZuff said:

so hard to look at a lana set list and not get overly picky about the songs missing, but that setlist is pretty amazing.

would love to see a few more songs from NFR though. but also i struggle to take songs out... 🤣

This. Only three songs from NFR is quite disappointing, plus no National Anthem. Makes it tough obviously when she's basically had four albums since she last toured the UK though

Yeah I love Lana but the heavy reliance on the tape track, and also the heavily cut songs really annoy me.

Still think her live sets are incredible don’t get me wrong; but they’d be something special if there was more of her singing and also full songs rather than fitting as many as possible into the space.

1 minute ago, Little Andy said:

What albums/songs should I listen to to get a bit familiar with her stuff for Glastonbury? I've been listening to Norman Rockwell and love it! What else? Her latest album? Her singles?

It looks like her set is pulling mainly from her latest album (Did You Know That There's a Tunnel Under Ocean Boulevard) and the singles from her debut, then with a few cuts from NFR! and Ultraviolence, and a couple others. I think the setlist is going to remain largely static for her festival shows but we'll see how that plays out as she is playing her second set in Brazil in two days time.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Little Andy said:

What albums/songs should I listen to to get a bit familiar with her stuff for Glastonbury? I've been listening to Norman Rockwell and love it! What else? Her latest album? Her singles?

You could add a few of the songs to your glasto playlist  from here if you want to know the probably songs she'll sing! https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/lana-del-rey/2023/jockey-club-brasileiro-rio-de-janeiro-brazil-53b907f9.html

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, sophiemarie said:

I'm concerned that she consistently started late at MITA Festival (hopefully due to the festival itself rather than her team…)

Yeah, I've thought about that too. She's only got 75 minutes - if a chunk of that goes missing I'm going to be royally pissed.

I saw something said online that for the Sao Paulo show she was at a tattoo parlour with a member of her band an hour before she was meant to be on stage - not such a worry for her being off-site at Glasto, but then she could be *anywhere* on site 🥲 or just decide she wants to watch GnR for a bit..

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/5/2023 at 6:45 AM, WestCountryGirl said:

Yeah, I've thought about that too. She's only got 75 minutes - if a chunk of that goes missing I'm going to be royally pissed.

Our concerns were spot on!

(Picking up the chat here, since the “Lana Del Rey Curfew” thread is garbage.)

I am clearly a massive LDR fan, so was happy to even have an hour of top quality Lana. But hypothetically, what songs would you have swapped in and out? For me…

In: Venice Bitch, Ocean Boulevard, Video Games

Out: Bartender, Candy Necklaces, Pretty When You Cry

• Like 1

Just now, sophiemarie said:

Our concerns were spot on!

(Picking up the chat here, since the “Lana Del Rey Curfew” thread is garbage.)

I am clearly a massive LDR fan, so was happy to even have an hour of top quality Lana. But hypothetically, what songs would you have swapped in and out? For me…

In: Venice Bitch, Ocean Boulevard, Video Games

Out: Bartender, Candy Necklaces, Pretty When You Cry

Haha, I agree with you on every point. It's a shame that her appearance has such a cloud over it now, as what she did put on blew all of my expectations out of the water, but that is 100% completely on her. All of this can be true.

I was walking around the festival the first few days singing Ocean Boulevard to myself near constantly, so to see that would have been a moment. As would Video Games, as the song that started it all. And Venice Bitch would have been spectacular but if one (long) song had to go to make way for others, I would let that one drop!

My partner has managed to download a rip of the original broadcast, so I've yet to rewatch it. I'm looking forward to it but also feel like it'll be tainted a bit by knowing the car crash that is coming at the end.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Little Andy said:

How come she's not on the BBC IPlayer? Can we expect to get her added later?

I’m guessing due to her abrupt ending that either she or the festival decided against it being put on as to not paint her in a bad light. Maybe it’ll appear eventually with the end cut off.

1 hour ago, WestCountryGirl said:

It's a shame that her appearance has such a cloud over it now, as what she did put on blew all of my expectations out of the water, but that is 100% completely on her. All of this can be true.

Completely agree! I choose to cherish the hour that we did get, instead of mourning the half hour that we didn't.

On 6/4/2023 at 7:56 AM, CaledonianGonzo said:

Ominous amount of "shortened"s on there .

I wish we had gotten a full version of ‘The Grants’. Although, if she had included the 'my sister's first-born child' and 'my grandmother's last smile' parts, I may have dehydrated myself from crying too hard.

Don't know if that was discussed on the other thread, but she's added a few dates starting next week!

Lido di Camaiore July 2

Amsterdam July 4

Dublin July 7

Paris July 10

Her Glastonbury set took me a few songs to get into, but was really captivating once she really felt confortable. Gonna try the Amsterdam date.

Edited by VCF

• 1 month later...