Metallica 2014

JamesT977

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw At The Drive In at Reading 2012 instead of Kasabian so I'm not sure what kind of crowd they got but the tent for ATDI was pretty empty....

Same, and yeah it was ridiculously empty. I assumed Kasabian must've got a big crowd. Can't remember who else was on at the time though

Same, and yeah it was ridiculously empty. I assumed Kasabian must've got a big crowd. Can't remember who else was on at the time though

That doesn't surprise me given the average of people at Reading/Leeds and the middling reviews their reunion shows got.

PJ Harvey as a headliner. :lol:

Nothing against the woman's music, but she'd be lucky to sub headline, let alone headline. And "she can't sing" and "abysmal"... well, the first one of those is false and the second is subjective.

So basically you're three for three in not answering anything.

PJ Harvey as a headliner. :lol:

Nothing against the woman's music, but she'd be lucky to sub headline, let alone headline. And "she can't sing" and "abysmal"... well, the first one of those is false and the second is subjective.

So basically you're three for three in not answering anything.

You are championing someone who is the worst of the worst. It's frothy chart music for kids at it's most basic.

It is beyond my comprehension how an adult of 30 (if that is your date of birth, I truly hope it is not) can listen to such trash and worse! actually consider it a possibility as a glastonbury headliner!

Absolutely breathtaking.

You are championing someone who is the worst of the worst. It's frothy chart music for kids at it's most basic.

It is beyond my comprehension how an adult of 30 (if that is your date of birth, I truly hope it is not) can listen to such trash and worse! actually consider it a possibility as a glastonbury headliner!

Absolutely breathtaking.

I've no interest in seeing her live, but the likes of Roar and Hot'n'Cold are effervescent pop classics.

katy perry is a manufactured chewing gum pop artist and is obviously unsuitable for probably the most prestigious gig in contemporary music.

should she go on to have a sustained glittering career, re-invent herself through the years, establish credibility through collaborations, songwriting, musicianship etc then maybe.

until then, fuck no.

No one actually enjoys PJ Harvey though do they? It's just neutered Mercury Prize music for bores who want to seem a bit edgy when they're sat on the tube listening to her ungodly warble loud enough for everyone else to hear.

Y'see, we can all generalise. :D

Have you heard her early material?

It's glastonbury, whether Metallica or Katy Perry are headlining there's plenty more to see and do.

A glasto headliner is about as varied as they come. I haven't seen a festival put Metallica, Beyonce, The Rolling Stones in the space of three festivals before.

It's all about who's a headline act - who's someone people know, puts on a good show, and would be great at glastonbury. You need at least one of those things to be a headliner in my opinion...

Katy Perry wouldn't be the best headliner, but she's a headliner if it ever happens. It probably won't ever happen due to the eavis's tastes, but she is a headliner whether she is booked or not.