Big announcement on 6 music tues breakfast show

matt2007

Was surprisingly easy to get tickets for this! My friends and I all got through instantly (I'm putting it down to our years of experience for Glastonbury tickets).

I am going to see The National and Wild Beasts in Manchester! Woohoo!

:D

Congrats. :)

In the cold light of day I realised most, if not all acts I was bothered about were probably gonna be at Glastonbury or another summer festival so I decided against it.

I checked See out at noon anyway though and it seemed in lockdown so I thought it might have been a difficult one. Not a lot of dialogue in here though, am I to assume people forgot or didn't bother or missed out or are just quietly celebrating?

In the cold light of day I realised most, if not all acts I was bothered about were probably gonna be at Glastonbury or another summer festival so I decided against it.

I checked See out at noon anyway though and it seemed in lockdown so I thought it might have been a difficult one. Not a lot of dialogue in here though, am I to assume people forgot or didn't bother or missed out or are just quietly celebrating?

You know what, you're probably right about them being at Glastonbury, but being a The National obsessive and ticketless I couldn't not go for this! Very excited.

Yeah, we were all refreshing from five minutes before it started :)

I'm surprised there's no one else in here chatting about it though too - seemed a lot of interest the other day.

You know what, you're probably right about them being at Glastonbury, but being a The National obsessive and ticketless I couldn't not go for this! Very excited.

Yeah, we were all refreshing from five minutes before it started :)

I'm surprised there's no one else in here chatting about it though too - seemed a lot of interest the other day.

People probably forgot like me..

Quietly Celebrating. Hard luck if you were unsuccessful.

Got through just before they went on sale but it wouldn't let me purchase a ticket and dumped me back into the queue. Aftern that I got nowhere near until about 7 minutes past, by which point my phone reported that both dates were sold out.

Am rather disappointed to see the number of tickets for sale on Stub Hub. Ho Hum.

Brother bailed on it last night so I didn't bother :(

Do you not have the eFestivals news app on your phone? I did news at 11am to remind everyone!

I have it, are we supposed to get a notification when you post news? Because I didn't get one (don't think I've ever got one...this is the android version btw!)

Seems people were complaining about tickets as 6Music's twitter was mentioning about touts? Don't know why they didn't do the photo tickets like they do for big weekend? Especially since they are charging anyway.

I have it, are we supposed to get a notification when you post news? Because I didn't get one (don't think I've ever got one...this is the android version btw!)

If you have the app running then yes you should get an alert - I didn't on my old android phone for some reason, but I do on the one I have now.

I got tickets for both days too. Looking forward to it. It is great value for the money. I know a lot of them will play Glastonbury and I already have tickets to see Haim, Bombay Bicycle Club and have seen a few others already but hopefully it will help me out when it comes to clashes in June.

I was lucky enough to get Saturday tickets!

Who should I see out of James Blake and The National? I haven't had a chance to listen to The National yet but I have heard people on these forums raving about them! Any tips on best tracks/ albums to start checking out?

Jagwar Ma is going to be immense. I am already meant to be seeing them in Manchester later in the year.

I was lucky enough to get Saturday tickets!

Who should I see out of James Blake and The National? I haven't had a chance to listen to The National yet but I have heard people on these forums raving about them! Any tips on best tracks/ albums to start checking out?

Jagwar Ma is going to be immense. I am already meant to be seeing them in Manchester later in the year.

Seen both The National and James Blake and both were really good, but personally I'd see The National. That's purely because I prefer them, though, so it may not be the case for yourself.