Big announcement on 6 music tues breakfast show

matt2007

Yeah it's 75 minutes now - the woman at 6music added further clarification to her 'just over 60 minutes' comment. Feel more hopeful about this. I think we'll definitely get Abel (please, please, please) as it's been in all their recent sets. Gagging for About Today too.

I don't think I know Learning...? What's that from? But yeah I'd say no chance if it's not well-known.

Cause not everyone loves The National? :P

Apart from the fact that everyone should love The National :P that's not the point. Not everyone likes the Stones but as the headliners at a festival you'd expect them to get more than 75 minutes, no? I struggle to think of a festival - and this is billed as such - where a headliner gets less than 90 minutes.

6music are trying to wriggle out of it by saying they're not headliners and haven't been advertised as such. Took me two seconds to find a description of them as 'headliners' on the 6music festival site and Chris Hawkins described them as just that on the radio yesterday. They've been called that all the way through and you can't deny that, with no solo UK dates in the calendar, fans of The National would have jumped all over this.

ANYWAY, 75 minutes is not the 90 I was hoping for but it's better than 60. So I'm swapping my moany head for my excited one right about... now.

The National were fucking mindblowing. See my post in the Glastonbury The National thread for more. Played for longer than billed too, I think. I reckon it was all Dog Burger's complaining that did it ;)

Not a lover of that venue though. We realised the best value was to buy an £18 bottle of wine each. Berninger would approve. No All the Wine though sadly, but Apartment Story, England and Abel made up for it.