Q Magazine - "Kasabian New Album in June so Glasto..."

Guest Grateful Ghoul

One Direction have had more top 10 singles than both of them. So what?

Kasabian are a band that appeals to the cloth ears of the ignorant masses. I've no idea why they are considered more headline worthy than bands like the kaiser chiefs or the fratellis etc though. Can anyone explain that to me?

• Replies 892
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

constancy. whereas Kaisers and Fratellis stared off 'strong' (i.e. high chart placings) and climbing up festival bills, they soon, for one reason or another, fell off the map / fell into decline. Kasabian have managed to stay high in the charts - all their albums for the foreseeable future will get to number one, even if the singles, like from the last album, make no real impact

Kasabian have had four (L.S.F 10, Cutt Off 8, Empire 9 and Fire 3) and Arctics have had 6 (I Bet You Look Good On The Dance Floor 1, When The Sun Goes Down 1, Leave Before The Lights Come On 4, Brianstorm 2, Fluorescent Adolescent 5 and Why'd You Only Call Me When You're High 8) so Arctics are smashing them in that aspect, even if most of them were from the first two albums / it's no real way to measure popularity

i really enjoyed Kasabian's first album. was nothing new or particularly special but it was pretty enjoyable. i don't know whether they've gotten worse or if i just grew out of them really fast but everything since has sounded dull to me. not awful, and i get why people like them, but they're just... there, and there isn't a chance that their Glastonbury performance will go down as special or be remembered as great. it'll just come and go like all of their other performances

The thing about the arctic monkeys is they had a real buzz about them in 2007. There was a big feel that they were going to be "the next big thing". There'd not been anything like that since the 90s, and there's been nothing like it since.

Kasabian have never had anything like that about them.

Well Kasbian turned Glastonbury forum into the Reading forum pretty fast :P

FFS more bloody Arctic Monkey's talk. At least Kasabian put on a better live show than them and Tom Meighan still knows his from Leicester and not Elvis Presely's love child.

I wouldn't go on the defence as like that mad Kasabian fan did as most of the critisim aimed at them is rather true but in a strange way most of that is what endears me to them.

They are a bit laddy, they can come across as being a bit prickish and try too hard to be rock and roll but sometimes you don't want challenging music you just want something to drunkenly sing shout along to and they do that as good as anyone.

Ps. Let's stop the Fratellis hate, The Fratellis are more than than Chelsea Dagger:( I wish more people who went to their gigs would remember that to. Unfair bashing! (They was one of the first bands I properly loved so I will have nothing bad said about them :P)

Edited by LondonTom