Guest NiceOneJeff

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will sell brilliantly, for every old cynic like me there are 10 young guns who haven't seen either of those 2 because they were too young, or have just got into metal or whatever reason. It's just dull that these 2 wheeled out every year to shift tickets.

I suppose these two together is actually impressive when you think there will be a lot of people whose interest in metal peaks at two bands, and both those bands are playing the same event.

That's not a dig by the way, it could be a draw for 'casual metallers'. Or maybe I'm talking rubbish.

Edited by dentalplan

I suppose these two together is actually impressive when you think there will be a lot of people whose interest in metal peaks at two bands, and both those bands are playing the same event.

That's not a dig by the way, it could be a draw for 'casual metallers'. Or maybe I'm talking rubbish.

Y'know, even though I've seen Metallica a million times in the last 10 years I'm still excited about the potential of seeing them again...

(Note I'm a 31 year old seasoned festy/gig-goer not a 17 year old kid...)

Maiden less so, because I've seen them nearly as often as Metallica and I was quite disappointed with 'em at Donny last year (which is something I've never been with Metallica)

Y'know, even though I've seen Metallica a million times in the last 10 years I'm still excited about the potential of seeing them again...

(Note I'm a 31 year old seasoned festy/gig-goer not a 17 year old kid...)

Maiden less so, because I've seen them nearly as often as Metallica and I was quite disappointed with 'em at Donny last year (which is something I've never been with Metallica)

Hmmm, same old same old …. - and £215.00 for an early bird ticket? ouch! :unsure: I guess there'll be people out there prepared to pay that though! The undercard would have to be stellar for us to fork out that much! Unless, of course, the third headliner is Led Zeppelin! :P

The whole Early Bird thing is probably just marketing spin. Download had "early bird" tickets on sale twice before announcing and if I recall the prices after announcements didn't actually go up at all - someone can clarify that if they want. I reckon they'll stay there, unless tickets are massively in demand they might chuck them up with the 3rd headliner or something, but wouldn't surprise me for them to stay at that price.

Not a fan of Maiden but should still be a good weekend. Sonisphere was always one of my fave festivals (in fact second fave fest overall behind Glasto) and the undercard is generally stellar. I've put a deposit down anyway as can't see myself not going. Will be interesting to see what Metallica setlist turns out like. I'd love something like:

The Call of the Ktulu

Master of Puppets

Of Wolf and Man

Devil's Dance

Leper Messiah

The Unforgiven II

*New Song*

Ride the Lightning

The Memory Remains

All Nightmare Long

Cyanide

Minus Human

Outlaw Torn

For Whom the Bell Tolls

The Judas Kiss

Fade to Black

Orion

---

Creeping Death

I realise it wouldn’t be to everyone’s taste. However, I would love this and it’s a bit of a departure from the norm.

Never gonna happen though.