Sonisphere 2014

Guest hardygra

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to this:

http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/music/news/2012/6/acdcs-no-festival-policy-a-thing-of-the-past-acdc-for-big-day-out/

"Following the band's 'body-breaking' two-year Black Ice world tour, Brian Johnson says the 'no festival' policy is a thing of the past, which says to me, 'C'mom organisers of the Big Day Out!', he exclaimed.

According to this:

http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/music/news/2012/6/acdcs-no-festival-policy-a-thing-of-the-past-acdc-for-big-day-out/

"Following the band's 'body-breaking' two-year Black Ice world tour, Brian Johnson says the 'no festival' policy is a thing of the past, which says to me, 'C'mom organisers of the Big Day Out!', he exclaimed.

I know they've said that they wouldn't mind doing festivals again, but I don't quite buy that a stadium filling rock band who have such high demands about their stage show and their name and stuff would suddenly think 'that was a bit shitty' and dial it right back. And at the same time, I don't think anyone would want to book them if they carry on as they did at Download.

• 2 weeks later...

If it is those 3, it really is a bit meh! Last year's DL Sat main stage headliner & the one from the year before - that's hardly original or earth shattering! I do find it interesting, though, that the top topic on the Download forum at the mo is Sonisphere 2014! :D

If the headliners are NIN, Metallica and Maiden I will be pretty happy. NIN are one of my fave bands of all time and easily one of the best live bands I've seen. Out of the four times I've seen Metallica they have been amazing twice, great once and poor once. So overall odds are good for another decent set from them. Maiden suck but I would give them another go live. Always hear great things about them live and in the two times I've seen them I've only seen brief glimpses of greatness. Although if they stick to the same set up I can end my weekend on a Bohemia band after the main headliners if needs be anyway. They generally seemed to get great bands for Bohemia.

Edited by SOAD