2014 Headliner Summary Thread

Guest mrtourette

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually think the fact Arcade Fire wont be doing fests like Rock Werchter and Eurockeeness makes them more likely for Reading as then they can do Pukkelpop, Rock En Seine, Frequency Festival etc. It's not like they are gonna do Graspop, Nova Rock or Hellfest so if they want to do fests in those countries they will have to do later Summer. Quite a few bands have done very Early and late summer in Europe i.e. Green Day last year (Rock Am Ring - Reading etc). Foos in 2011 (IOW - Rock En Seine). They could well do an earlier UK fest or no UK fest but wouldnt be surprised if they came back to Europe in August.

Edited by SOAD

I actually think the fact Arcade Fire wont be doing fests like Rock Werchter and Eurockeeness makes them more likely for Reading as then they can do Pukkelpop, Rock En Seine, Frequency Festival etc. It's not like they are gonna do Graspop, Nova Rock or Hellfest so if they want to do fests in those countries they will have to do later Summer. Quite a few bands have done very Early and late summer in Europe i.e. Green Day last year (Rock Am Ring - Reading etc). Foos in 2011 (IOW - Rock En Seine). They could well do an earlier UK fest or no UK fest but wouldnt be surprised if they came back to Europe in August.

Yeah it's always possible, any band can do what the hell they like. It doesn't rule them out, it's just a guidline that refers to a very general rule of thumb. Heavy-touring bands like Foos and Green Day who flit about all over the place and have a faily rough-and-ready approach to shows are prime candidates to break that cycle, I guess it depends whether you think Arcade Fire are like that or whether they're likely to go for the structure of clearing one area before moving on to the next.

Edited by SOAD

Metallica's own festival has barely had enough people to cover its costs. I'm not sure the merkins will put up with big festivals like we do. The thing just now seems to be music cruises, mini fests on a cruise boat. They're kin expensive though. I don't suppose the bands mind that much as they still get a nice payday but the punter spends a fortune.