The National

Zoo Music Girl

yeh I had to change ticketmaster password too, twats.

Did you get them off o2 website?

I've got war on drugs, lykke li and now the national in november. Woop!

Why did it make us do that, I wonder? Weird.

No, I got them from the Ticketmaster site.

Glad you're going to see your beloved Lykke Li after all. And that you caved in for The National. I promise it will be worth it and if it isn't you can hunt me down.

I love stockpiling winter gigs tickets. The National, The Antlers and DFA1979 for me. Should buy Black Lips soon too.

£42 isn't awful but £7 of that on booking fee etc? Fuck yourself O2/AXS

Yeah, nice to have something to look forward to! I was expecting it to be 50 quid though, so am actually pleasantly surprised.

Why did it make us do that, I wonder? Weird.

No, I got them from the Ticketmaster site.

Glad you're going to see your beloved Lykke Li after all. And that you caved in for The National. I promise it will be worth it and if it isn't you can hunt me down.

I wouldnt never have gone for these tickets if he hadnt been for you yesterday! I'm glad I did now. I overcame my being skint issue by just buying a ticket for myself....desperate times call for desperate measures.

And yes, missing Lykke Li at glastonbury isnt so painful knowing I have that gig. Unfortunately it's in bloody hammersmith so I have have to drink with all the toffs beforehand..

I wouldnt never have gone for these tickets if he hadnt been for you yesterday! I'm glad I did now. I overcame my being skint issue by just buying a ticket for myself....desperate times call for desperate measures.

And yes, missing Lykke Li at glastonbury isnt so painful knowing I have that gig. Unfortunately it's in bloody hammersmith so I have have to drink with all the toffs beforehand..

Ah, I'm flattered. Hope you get some good "Alligator" tracks. And that I do!

re Lykke Li: I live very close. I can point you in the direction of some more common pubs, you little ruffian. I am a little put off by £32 for Lykke - she's great and I love the Apollo, but I also love eating 3 meals a day. The Mrs will probably want to go though.

Wild Beasts will be a fab support , they were excellent in the JP this year - one of my favourite sets of the weekend.

I entirely agree. Them supporting is amazing for me - another of my favourite bands - and lessens the financial hit. They were a highlight for me in JP too. I think the thunderstorm and subsequent delays to set times meant they had a smaller crowd than they should have, but I loved every second.

I entirely agree. Them supporting is amazing for me - another of my favourite bands - and lessens the financial hit. They were a highlight for me in JP too. I think the thunderstorm and subsequent delays to set times meant they had a smaller crowd than they should have, but I loved every second.

I thought it was rather busy in there .

Have to admit though the delay did not help , I was in there on my own so hit the bottle so to speak .

But the delay worked in my favour as I saw all their set - All The Kings Men was a brilliant finale and did not miss any of Interpols

I suppose I was just comparing it to people like Royal Blood, but perhaps theirs was exceptionally big, especially for such an early slot. Used to seeing it spill out the tent but for the Beasties it seemed well contained within. Anyway, no matter, they were ace and the ideal support for The National to my mind.

Can't bloody wait :D

There's an Ibis right in the middle of Greenwich (if you're on a tight budget) but Greenwich town centre is not that close to the o2. You could get a boat to the o2, but getting back might be a bit of a pain, as I guess taxis will be busy.

Unless you really want to stay in greenwich (which is very nice and has some good pubs) I would just stay somewhere central and get the tube there and back.

It all depends on your budget too.

• Upvote 1

I've been looking at the ibis in Greenwich is that walking distance to the 02 or?

Don't mind staying central either I'm just not sure where is affordable not on a stupidly tight budget where centrally would good bet plenty of hotels etc.? was looking at somewhere on the same tube line as the 02 so the grey line.

I've been looking at the ibis in Greenwich is that walking distance to the 02 or?

Don't mind staying central either I'm just not sure where is affordable not on a stupidly tight budget where centrally would good bet plenty of hotels etc.? was looking at somewhere on the same tube line as the 02 so the grey line.

It's not walking distance. There is a holiday inn walking distance from the o2 but there is naff all else around there so I would avoid that (unless you are literally only going to be there for the gig).

The cheapest part of london to find hotels is around Victoria (as far as I know), which is easily to get to from the o2 even though it involves 1 change. 6 or 7 stops to westminster, then 2 more to victoria.

I cant help with specific hotels as I dont have cause to book them for myself as I live in london!

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the help will probably look at staying more centrally then around those areas, times do the gigs usually finish at 02, tubes stop at 12 do they not? guessing that leaves plenty of time to head back that way.

Forgive the stupid questions I'm not familiar with London at all.

Tickets just purchased though it's going to be a good one.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the help will probably look at staying more centrally then around those areas, times do the gigs usually finish at 02, tubes stop at 12 do they not? guessing that leaves plenty of time to head back that way.

Forgive the stupid questions I'm not familiar with London at all.

Tickets just purchased though it's going to be a good one.

The gig will finish at 11 at the lastest I'd guess and I think the last tube will leave at quarter past midnight (ish), so you definitely wont have a problem getting back to central london. Most of the people at the gig will be going that way too.

And yep, november is looking like a good month!

Just to add that I live in west London (awaits mocking comment) and have never had an issue getting home from the O2. Gigs easily finish by 11. With the exception of G'n'R (awaits judgement), but that's because Axl Rose is a massive diva.

Girls from Hounslow !

Most of the people at the gig will be going that way too.

Small tip on this, if you are heading central and but can get a central line to where you are (I know not you Russy as you have no tube connections :P). The Eastbound (Stratford) train is always near enough empty after a gig at the o2, just the queue to get inside of the station and then you can avoid all the rich people heading west :P

Worth checking out depending on where you are heading exacly after (or stay in East London, plenty of nice hotels that will be alot cheaper than central london!)