The National

Zoo Music Girl

Looking at a >2hr set at the O2 with Wild Beasts supporting.. duh. STILL HAVEN'T SEEN ABOUT TODAY LIVE. Thank goodness for O2 priority too; I can have a lovely, stress-free 9am ticket purchase.

Which one is the O2 presale? Looks like there are two presales. But yes this is basically why I can never leave O2.

And you're right, this is going to be all kinds of awesome.

Ticketmaster saying £34-£40 for seating and £40 for standing plus fees

The prices advertised include the per ticket booking fees. I believe all of the major ticket sites have started listing in this manner, presumably after complaints that all of the additional fees never used to be added until the payment process was underway. The delivery fee per order still needs to be considered, though.

If I can get the time off to go along to this I'll be taking advantage of the (hopefully) slow ticket sales by popping along to my local O2 Academy when I'm in the vicinity to pick up tickets. From previous experience, you can pick up tickets for any O2 branded venue from any other such venue. And it means, as long as you're paying in cash, that the per ticket fees are eliminated. This all being said, I've never tried purchasing tickets for the arena at an academy, so I can't say with 100% certainty that this is an option.

The prices advertised include the per ticket booking fees. I believe all of the major ticket sites have started listing in this manner, presumably after complaints that all of the additional fees never used to be added until the payment process was underway. The delivery fee per order still needs to be considered, though.

If I can get the time off to go along to this I'll be taking advantage of the (hopefully) slow ticket sales by popping along to my local O2 Academy when I'm in the vicinity to pick up tickets. From previous experience, you can pick up tickets for any O2 branded venue from any other such venue. And it means, as long as you're paying in cash, that the per ticket fees are eliminated. This all being said, I've never tried purchasing tickets for the arena at an academy, so I can't say with 100% certainty that this is an option.

I'm afraid it most definitely not. The O2 Arena is run by AEG while the O2 Academies are owned by the Academy Group. This is my understanding of how things are as I too have tried to buy tickets for the arena from an academy and they said 'we don't do that' so I looked it up and hey, they don't do it cause it's not even the same group!

It's the O2 branding that's puts you off. However, you can go to the arena direct and they have ticket booths open for the majority of the afternoon just outside, to the left of the main entrance. :)

Never been to the 02 Arena before.

I am told sound can be rubbish , could this not be a problem for The National.?

I saw em at The Other Stage in 2010 - my mate said after 3 mins "either the sound is rubbish or they are " and he wandered off for some food.

I saw em at The Other Stage in 2010 - my mate said after 3 mins "either the sound is rubbish or they are " and he wandered off for some food.

sound is ok, for an arena. But it's totally the wrong venue for a band like the national I reckon. If it was £30odd I'd risk it, but I'm not taking a chance at £50.

That being said, I saw leonard cohen there and the sound was perfect. Though I think his band would sound perfect anywhere.

I think they'll be fine. That Other Stage gig was, in my mind, awesome, although for what it's worth I find the sound on the Other Stage to be shite and far too quiet across the board.

I was told repeatedly before I went to the Ally Pally gig last November that it would be rubbish and the sound would be awful - seemed Ok to me.

They were not the bees knees on the Other Stage in 2010.

Very subjective statement. Personally I loved it, but I accept that blazing hot sunshine, late afternoon and a 45-minute set is not their ideal environment by any stretch of the imagination.

I also think they've honed their craft a great deal in the past two or three years and, as well as having their song catalogue greatly enhanced by adding the Trouble Will Find Me songs, have really moved into their own as a live act on this tour.

sound is ok, for an arena. But it's totally the wrong venue for a band like the national I reckon. If it was £30odd I'd risk it, but I'm not taking a chance at £50.

That being said, I saw leonard cohen there and the sound was perfect. Though I think his band would sound perfect anywhere.

Which gig? I went to a couple of his at the O2 and the second one (a Friday last autumn) I had a few problems. Was pretty much stage right, and got quite a significant echo from the back of the arena - at least I think that was what was happening. So I heard every lyric for a second time about one second after I'd heard it the first time. That was LAME.

Which gig? I went to a couple of his at the O2 and the second one (a Friday last autumn) I had a few problems. Was pretty much stage right, and got quite a significant echo from the back of the arena - at least I think that was what was happening. So I heard every lyric for a second time about one second after I'd heard it the first time. That was LAME.

Yeh, it was the last time he played this country. September last year I think.

I was to the left of stage, in the middle bit. The sound was great. Your experience sounds horrible though :(

Only gig I've seen at the O2 was Radiohead almost 2 years ago now. Got there in good time to see Caribou and had my pick of the spots for sound. Ended up about 7-8 deep, stage right (like, north-north-east), and it was bang on. Hoping to do similar this time but I reckon a lot of people will swing down for Wild Beasts... 'specially for the price. Don't think this will sell out partly because everyone's gonna start announcing autumn tours imminently.

Edit: O2 priority presale at 9am tomorrow, if you're one of the lucky ones.

Edited by Tuna

2,000 tickets available in tomorrows o2 presale. Wonder how many are standing?

Really cant make my mind up on this! To go or not to go. I'm skint but I only live round the corner...

Go, you fool! It will be amazing.

With you on the skint front though. Thank fuck for having my birthday late in the year.

Got them! Cheers for this though. Annoyingly, the link I was refreshing before 9am didn't take me anywhere but when I opened a new window straight through. And then it made me reset my Ticketmaster password for some insane reason.

GOD I AM EXCITED.