Tickets -- multiple browser tab warning?

Guest robu

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It shows they really want to go to me, if they are taking it that seriously to have multiple devices on the go at once. Equally you could level the same criticism at a group of friends who were all trying on a single device each.

It's a relatively level playing field when you take perseverance into account. That's how I feel anyway.

From above it seems clear that trying to get tickets with a IE window open, a Chrome window open, a Firefox window open, etc improves your chance

What are the conclusions regarding:

1. Having more than one IE window open - does that improve your chances or put you at risk of breaking things

2. Having more than one tab within the same IE window open - does that improve your chances or put you at risk of breaking things

Ta

240?! How the hell would one person manage to keep an eye on that many tabs , then you've missed out as all you've been doing is refreshing tabs and not checking them but as you close them at the end of the sale after a long sulk, you notice has displayed the golden page :lol: (I get your general point :P)

Edited by scaryclaireyfairy

Well that's strange because a google search gives many posts on this saying this is a common problem with windows 8 and there are many posts etc saying never use ctrl+ F5 as this will freeze the cursor. So I assumed it was a windows 8 non compatible thing and, like many things with windows 8, the usual way doesn't work but there is another way to do it hence my question.

Well that's strange because a google search gives many posts on this saying this is a common problem with windows 8 and there are many posts etc saying never use ctrl+ F5 as this will freeze the cursor. So I assumed it was a windows 8 non compatible thing and, like many things with windows 8, the usual way doesn't work but there is another way to do it hence my question.

Good tips here.

Here are a few from me:

- Co-ordinate and get friends in different houses to try and buy tickets. A joint effort over different locations. I really think this is the #1 plan and requires no technical know how.

- Using your phone and/or tablet as well as your PC is probably a good idea.

- If you're using Windows and Chrome, you can use this plugin to create multiple sessions.

- If you added glastonbury.seetickets.com to your hosts file last year then remove it. In Notepad open %systemroot%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts to check.

Clever people, let me know if anything I've said is incorrect.

are you using the Don'tCallItMetro interface full-screen touch browser?

if so you're in for whatever chaos it brings. never ever ever had a single problem with f5 in any way in any browser on my Windows8 using windowed interface browsers

program problem, not windows8 problem - internet explorer always was a dogend.

Edited by storm

I've just tried ordering tickets from Seetickets for an event (nothing to do with Glastonbury) and they recognised I was using multple tabs and stopped me progressing from the order page until I'd closed down the other tab.

Hope that doesn't happen on tonight or Sunday

I've just tried ordering tickets from Seetickets for an event (nothing to do with Glastonbury) and they recognised I was using multple tabs and stopped me progressing from the order page until I'd closed down the other tab.