Glastonbury festival 2013 map now up

Guest mike99

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there's now an awful lot going on in a very small area, spirit of 71, leftfield and arcadia as well as the Other stage. I know there's always been the Glade and the 71 stage was there last year, but looking at the map brought it home to me how compact that area is.

Paul suggested upthread that a lot of the updates to the map are just making things more accurate and don't really represent changes of the site for this year.

If you look at this overhead shot of 2011 you can see that JP is a bigger tent than, say, East Dance, but on the old map it was shown as smaller, so I'd imagine it's just a cartographic update on the new version.

My main concern at first glance is the Other/Arcadia/Leftfield/'71/EE bit. Some decent sized sound systems in a smallish plot there. There was always sound bleed from the Other to the Glade and even as far as Leftfield at times.

Can see it working of Arcadia doesn't properly fire up until the others have done, but I thought there would be some overlap in timings.

Paul suggested upthread that a lot of the updates to the map are just making things more accurate and don't really represent changes of the site for this year.

If you look at this overhead shot of 2011 you can see that JP is a bigger tent than, say, East Dance, but on the old map it was shown as smaller, so I'd imagine it's just a cartographic update on the new version.

My main concern at first glance is the Other/Arcadia/Leftfield/'71/EE bit. Some decent sized sound systems in a smallish plot there. There was always sound bleed from the Other to the Glade and even as far as Leftfield at times.

Can see it working of Arcadia doesn't properly fire up until the others have done, but I thought there would be some overlap in timings.

I might be wrong but I'm assuming Arcadia will only 'turn on' after the headliners finish at the Other stage (12ish?). Can't imagine them putting it on before that due to the sound bleed like you say

I reckon the EE stage will just be a chill n charge tent, maybe with some small bandstand thing inside to give people something to watch when charging their phones

So happy to see the map at last! Interested in a lot of changes, I notice BBC Introducing has switched sides in the new dance village (now on the southern side), I wonder how that will go down with any quiet-ish bands being surrounded by big bassy sound systems, particularly if the new Sonic Stage is a sort of half outdoors type thing pointing right at it.

Arcadia will be interesting, always remember that zone where the Glade was to be quite bushy and with lots of trees...

Anyways I'm now going to sit on Tort's guide and try to shortlist some camping areas!