Glastonbury festival 2013 map now up

Guest mike99

I like the way the Leftfield Stage and the EE 'Stage' (formerly known as the chill & charge tent) have swapped places. Spreads things out a bit in that area (even if only a little bit) and will help with sound bleed between stages as has previously been mentioned

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arcadia is going to be an interesting one - its clearly only going to start after the Other Stage headliner has finished. So people will be able to watch it from whole of the Other Stage field

I can see the railway line being a bit of a problem though, people will just sit themselves down their to get a good view of Arcadia (would make a great photo actually looking down on Arcadia and the Other Stage field during the fire show). There will be a fair bit of congestion on the Railway Line above Arcadia I reckon (cant remember exactly where the trees start along there)

Walkway to get from the Other Stage to the Spirit of 71 will be a bit of a bottleneck as well, especially people coming from the stages to the East to Arcadia. Potential nightmare

Does anybody knows whats happening where the G stage used to be, theres a litttle circle where it used to be with green dots in it, whats that all about? I used to like the G stage, not least because of its great location amongst the trees

I have visions of the main Arcadia stage bursting into life (and flame) the moment that the Other Stage finishes, with the whole crowd turning around and cooing. It should really help spread-out the late-night madness.

I quite like the idea of the Glade being... you know... a glade. A little oasis of calm in the middle of the site. More likely it will have been grotesquely transformed by the Arcadia team into a terrifying robotic version of Mirkwood.

My concern with Arcadia being next to the other stage is that it could get crazy busy - absalutely rammed when the Pyramid and Other stage kick out!

I always like the fact that Arcadia was away in the corner it felt like you were going to a festival inside the festival....

Be interesting to see if it has the same feel where it is now

I'm sad The Glade is gone, it was by far my favourite stage and reminded me of the stages from years ago being pitched around the trees etc.

Plus the 2 stand out performances from the Stereo MCs I saw on it have left good memories.

However things change and sometimes the change is for the good. I could never face the queue for the SE corner so maybe the Arcadia move might mean I get to one of them after hours this year

Chai Wallahs better be coming back, had some of my fave djs!! Parker, Moneyshot et al...

They had two pitches 2011 so doubt they would lose both! Don't think the map so far is showing everything, hopefully they will be tucked somewhere in the naughty corner, maybe the common?

But I think its been designed that way this year, Arcadia with the bigger field absorbs the brunt of people from the main stages, some will will go straight for the "naughty" corner but it gives people a focal point before they drift into the naught corner/others go to bed/other places.