The camping essentials - I've found a bargain which you all need to know about thread...

The Other Steve

I'm sure that these wont exactly steal crazyfool1's plans for evening attire at the festival, but if anybody needs a hoodie, and is in to them having neon light piping, then there's £45 off these (see link below). They are only £4.99!!!

https://www.boutiquecamping.com/clothing-c15/festival-wear-c5/light-up-hoodies-black-with-red-neon-p296

11 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I'm sure that these wont exactly steal crazyfool1's plans for evening attire at the festival, but if anybody needs a hoodie, and is in to them having neon light piping, then there's £45 off these (see link below). They are only £4.99!!!

https://www.boutiquecamping.com/clothing-c15/festival-wear-c5/light-up-hoodies-black-with-red-neon-p296

The whiole thing is £4.99? That's ridiculous. I'm getting one.

Edi: The sizing picture confuses me - it says a medium is 56cm? is that a child medium? I'm fairly sure a mens medium is around 100cm.

Edited by mjsell

8 minutes ago, mjsell said:

Edi: The sizing picture confuses me - it says a medium is 56cm? is that a child medium? I'm fairly sure a mens medium is around 100cm.

The 56cm is across the chest, as per diagram. That equates to a fraction over 22 inches. I think that would make it an adults, but can't be certain.

You could always ring them up or email them to clarify I guess.

19 minutes ago, mjsell said:

Just had a look at this chart and it would seem to be a child's medium;

TOPS, KNITWEAR, CASUAL JACKETS AND SHIRTS
UK/EUROPEAN/USA SIZE INCHES (CHEST) CM (CHEST)
XXS TO FIT 32-34 81-86
XS TO FIT 34-36 86-91
S TO FIT 36-38 91-96
M TO FIT 38-40 96-101
L TO FIT 40-42 101-106
XL TO FIT 42-44 106-111
XXL TO FIT 44-46 111-116

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Glass isn't allowed, but he's so convincing I'm going to get one anyway!  Will it work with cans, or are they too big? Hmmm!

I was assuming (perhaps incorrectly) that it would take cans too. Not all bottles are the same size so must have some range in reservoir radius?

1 minute ago, Tommy101 said:

I was assuming (perhaps incorrectly) that it would take cans too. Not all bottles are the same size so must have some range in reservoir radius?

Apparently you can squeeze them in.

http://musingsofthemisguided.com/2013/06/stubby-strip-review-and-giveaway.html

1165_10151775286898783_1900915519_n-225x

Edited by stuartbert two hats

2 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

XXS TO FIT 32-34 81-86
XS TO FIT 34-36 86-91
S TO FIT 36-38 91-96
M TO FIT 38-40 96-101
L TO FIT 40-42 101-106
XL TO FIT 42-44 106-111
XXL TO FIT 44-46 111-116

That's a bit naughty with adult models!

Just now, stuartbert two hats said:

Are they the thin mixer cans though? (Also insert joke here about it being a pleasant change to squeeze it in when barely touch the sides normally)

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I edited my post to include a picture. Looks like normal cans to me.

From the websites FAQ http://stubbystrip.com.au/faq :

Q) Is Stubby Strip designed just for Stubbies or do they work with Cans too? Stubby Strip was designed for both Cans and Stubbies. The Original Stubby Strip (Which is the older model and now discountinued) did not suit Cans 100% perfectly but the Premium range and all NRL range work perfectly fine with Cans also.

20 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

XXS TO FIT 32-34 81-86
XS TO FIT 34-36 86-91
S TO FIT 36-38 91-96
M TO FIT 38-40 96-101
L TO FIT 40-42 101-106
XL TO FIT 42-44 106-111
XXL TO FIT 44-46 111-116

14 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

That's a bit naughty with adult models!

I've emailed the company, to find out. Will report back with the answer.

I have a feeling it might but just be the horizontal distance they have measured and not the full circumference of the body (if that makes sense)

If it is a child size then I'm going to sue for false advertising.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, mjsell said:

I've emailed the company, to find out. Will report back with the answer.

I have a feeling it might but just be the horizontal distance they have measured and not the full circumference of the body (if that makes sense)

If it is a child size then I'm going to sue for false advertising.

Nice one - taking one for the team, thanks. I hope I don't have to get my letter writing pen out!

2 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Damn you suckered me in. Other colours are also available. Gone for a large grey with blue neon. 

Theres also £6 postage to be added so this is probably where they are making their money.

I paid through paypal so no issues in claiming money back should I need to. 

I'll report back with pictures once it arrives. 

Just now, squirrelarmy said:

Damn you suckered me in. Other colours are also available. Gone for a large grey with blue neon. 

Theres also £6 postage to be added so this is probably where they are making their money.

I paid through paypal so no issues in claiming money back should I need to. 

I'll report back with pictures once it arrives. 

Sorry about that squirrelarmy. I'll try not to do that again. :)

5 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

I wonder if this is per unit or would work out more economical if bought more than one at a time. If I'm getting any I'll probably get 2 so £3 a top is more palatable. 

4 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

I wonder if this is per unit or would work out more economical if bought more than one at a time. If I'm getting any I'll probably get 2 so £3 a top is more palatable. 

I'm just about to hit "order" on two and it adds a fiver per item annoyingly. Still a tenner for a light-up hoodie is not too bad.

Edited by Zoo Music Girl

Hadn't got a response to my email, so went on the website again and noticed they have a live chat support option. After some explaining I did recieve this comment back to one of my questions:

"Boutique Camping
Our hoodies normally run one size bigger than other retailers
if you are normally a medium please get a large
I do apologise if the sizing seems small, but i can assure you it's definitely an adult size."

"Our hoodies normally run one size bigger than other retailers

if you are normally a medium please get a large"

maybe i'm being a bit thick, but surely it should be the other way around?
if their hoodies are bigger than other retailers, then the large is probably an XL by other standards, so you should get a small from them if you're usually a medium?