Glasgow Summer Sessions

Stuart1000

It was a description of their music when in Darlin that was written in Melody Maker.

I know.

The way I took the comment of "they were a punk band, hence the name" was as though they said "We play punk, so we are called daft punk, cos we play punk".

Balado is accessible for Edinburgh, Fife, Perth, Dundee, Stirling, and Glasgow commuters, whereas Ayr is a long journey for those of us in the East Coast who don't do camping, and like to go home to clean beds and toilets.

If T were moving to Ayr it would downsize considerably.

Not to move back off topic but maybe thats the plan with the lineups going as they are? :P If its 25 miles northwest of Balado thats still reasonably central Scotland

Back on topic, I liked KOLs first three albums (they were at their live peak on the 3rd imo, Knocked up for example was amazing) they have said that their new one is going to sound 'younger' so I'd be tempted to go if it was any kind of return to form.

Also went to the AC/DC Hampden gig, thought it was alright but not the greatest show ever~! that many people tag them with, not the biggest fan saying that.

Edited by Chiefski

Back on topic, I liked KOLs first three albums (they were at their live peak on the 3rd imo, Knocked up for example was amazing) they have said that their new one is going to sound 'younger' so I'd be tempted to go if it was any kind of return to form.

I also liked their first three albums but always found them to be a bit dull live. Never went to the Murrayfield gig but was told many fights were breaking out.

If the final act is indeed Beyonce (which I'd put money on it being), I reckon it won't be announced until her current UK tour is finished on May 12th. If a GSS date isn't announced, I reckon she'll at least be back in the UK in the winter with a few dates at The Hydro announced around the same time.

I also liked their first three albums but always found them to be a bit dull live. Never went to the Murrayfield gig but was told many fights were breaking out.

I never saw any. Thought it was a pretty good gig overall. They played a longer set than a lot of bands which meant we got a fair amount of older songs. I really enjoyed it.

As I said before though, I'll wait to see what the new album's like before doing anything about getting tickets for this.

• 2 weeks later...

It's actually Kendal Calling that are a week earlier this year, they have been 3 weeks after TITP since 2006 when they started, but for some reason they moved to the week before hence the clash with Wickerman. So if the organisers of Wickerman think they have moved they need to check their calendars :D

I first went to Kendal in 2008 (also was at Wickerman that year) and the dates for that year were August 1st - 3rd, there must be a reason that KC wanted to be earlier.

There was a change of management at Wickerman a few years back when Sid departed, also the Eden guys left and now Helen Chalmers is one of the main organisers along with Jamie who owns the land and Skiddle took over the dance area after Eden left.

Sid moved on and now runs Willowman Festival and also Eden have their own festival down in D&G in June.

Hopefully Chay (who runs the Solus tent) and posts on here will come and correct any of that, but am sure that's what has went on.

In my opinion, Wickerman went downhill when those changes happened. I went in 2006-2009 and although not been back since, others on here and people I know continue to go but feel it's moved on a lot and is far more commercial than in the past. Them getting rid of the Axis tent this year is just one more good part that has now sadly gone.

Anyway this is way off topic for Glasgow Summer Sessions :offtopic::sarcastic:

My sentiments exactly! Been going to Wickerman since 2005. This will be our last year if it gets any bigger/more commercial :( Been to all the Edens, love it!

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm, so we reckon Beyonce is preggers again...

Yeah, I saw this earlier on. It might be the reason that we haven't seen the promised third GSS show put on sale (if it was indeed her).

But then she'll still be coming to the UK to do V. I doubt she'd pull out of that.

Kendrick Lamar is fantastic wouldn't be surprised if he upstaged Eminem to be fair so much better than him. If Eminem hits out with all the classics and less of the new songs it could go down well for most fans. Yet most people going will be the ones who want to see Love The Way You Lie and that type of stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

Kendrick Lamar is fantastic wouldn't be surprised if he upstaged Eminem to be fair so much better than him. If Eminem hits out with all the classics and less of the new songs it could go down well for most fans. Yet most people going will be the ones who want to see Love The Way You Lie and that type of stuff.

When eminem played T, it was mostly classics, only two or three from his most recent album....

Not a fan, but enjoyed it, except the plant pot kept referring to balado as Edinburgh...

Kendrick Lemar, Tyler the Creator and Earl Sweatshirt (performing as their side project EarlWolf) and YelaWolf supporting Eminem.

Amazing support lineup!!!!

It's quite funny how people are saying T lineup is shit etc etc but all those 3 support acts are all playing TITP this year.

Kendrick Lamar is nowhere near Eminems level, this is just wrong

I'm a bigger fan of Kendrick than Eminem these days. I still like most of Eminems older stuff but all of his newer stuff doesn't do anything for me. Whereas so far out of all of Kendricks albums i've been very impressed, especially with Good kid M.a.a.d City (However it's spelled).

I'm a bigger fan of Kendrick than Eminem these days. I still like most of Eminems older stuff but all of his newer stuff doesn't do anything for me.

Whereas so far out of all of Kendricks albums i've been very impressed, especially with Good kid M.a.a.d City (However it's spelled).

Ahh fair enough just thought you meant as a rapper overall, eminems older stuff (and recovery for me) blows most rappers out the water

All I've heard of Kendrick Lamar is like nursery rhyme rap. Proper pish. Can someone tell me what I should be listening to? K thx bai.

you typing bai is probably one of the most disturbing things I've seen on here and people say I make no sense. The youth of today lol