Glasgow Summer Sessions

Stuart1000

All I've heard of Kendrick Lamar is like nursery rhyme rap. Proper pish. Can someone tell me what I should be listening to? K thx bai.

You must have been listening to the wrong Kendrick.

His official debut, "Good Kid M.A.A.D City" is the best hip hop release since at least 2010 and the best debut since the likes of College Dropout.

GKMC and Section 80 are both far superior to anything Eminem has released since The Eminem Show , 11 years ago.

nothing resembles "Nursery Rhyme Rap"

PRAY MA DICK BIG AS THE EIFFEL TOWER SO I CAN FUCK THE WORLD FOR 72 HOURS

WAWA WAAWAA WAWAWA WAAAA WAWA WAAAWAA WAAW WWAAA WAWAAWWW

"The way shake it, I can't believe it, I ain't never seen an ASS LIKE THAT. The way you move it, you make my peepee go, BaDOINGDOINGDOING"

Kendrick would never dream of anything like that.

Edited by Samyeeeezy

PRAY MA DICK BIG AS THE EIFFEL TOWER SO I CAN FUCK THE WORLD FOR 72 HOURS

WAWA WAAWAA WAWAWA WAAAA WAWA WAAAWAA WAAW WWAAA WAWAAWWW

And you can't understand the concept of the song if you're using that as an example.

He's putting himself in the place of a 16 year old Kendrick, freestyling in the back of his friends car and discussing the things he's going to do/have when he gets rich and famous.

And you can't understand the concept of the song if you're using that as an example.

He's putting himself in the place of a 16 year old Kendrick, freestyling in the back of his friends car and discussing the things he's going to do/have when he gets rich and famous.

So he now has a dick as big as the Eiffel Tower?

Game, set and match.

I can certainly agree on that

You must have been listening to the wrong Kendrick.

His official debut, "Good Kid M.A.A.D City" is the best hip hop release since at least 2010 and the best debut since the likes of College Dropout.

GKMC and Section 80 are both far superior to anything Eminem has released since The Eminem Show , 11 years ago.

nothing resembles "Nursery Rhyme Rap"

Nope it's the right one. Just youtubed a couple. Dreadful. I'm no Eminem fan but c'mon, there's no comparison. Give me a link to his best song, I must be getting the wrong ones.

I'm amazed people are saying Kendrick is simple. GKMC is one of the most intricately put together albums I've ever heard and was widely praised as being so. Example-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yR7VB9FpJI

Take a listen to the first and second verses in particular.

I did. Musically it's pish. I'm sure the lyrics are nice and clever and all that but I can't get past the stupid voice they put on. Have you considered poetry instead of music?

Money Trees, Poetic Justice, Fuck Your Ethnicity, ADHD, The Recipe are all great songs by Kendrick Lamar then others like Backseat Freestyle and Bitch Don't Kill My Vibe are pretty good too. But one of my favourites that he's involved in right now has to be Fuckin' Problems by A$AP Rocky. He's not the greatest rapper although by far right now he's one of the best to appear for a long time, instead of having the Rap/Hip Hop that is mostly in the charts these days like Nicki Minaj.

Nope it's the right one. Just youtubed a couple. Dreadful. I'm no Eminem fan but c'mon, there's no comparison. Give me a link to his best song, I must be getting the wrong ones.

Once again dude bang on the money, seen eminem at T and it was enjoyable set even though at the time he ripped my gusset by constantly referring to us as Edinburgh.....

I have missed the boat with most of the hip hop pish, and the majority of it is indeed pish. In my opinion of course, but each to his own.