Acts with planned activity on or around June 2013

Guest gibbin82

Why would it subtract from them making money?

if people have seen them at Glasto then they won't pay premium prices to see them elsewhere.

It's really that simple, and it's very standard music biz practice.

The Roses will sell these dates out on Friday, and I'd assume that they would then be free do what they want.

not if the contract for those shows says that they can't do other shows, and it's exceedingly likely that it does.

I've not heard anywhere that these dates are exclsive

Melvin Benn pretty much confirmed that they are a couple of months ago.

I think they're more likely than the Rolling Stones to be honest.

My view is the complete opposite (unless they perhaps - just perhaps - do a 'secret' show at Glasto, but if that happens that'll only be sorted out a month or three before the fest).

Edited by eFestivals

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe Stone Roses as a rolling stones replacement?

Say Jaggers says no In Jan, and all tickets have sold out for their own gigs. Then, as long as they are not announced until April, then it wouldn't hurt their own ticket sales.

Would fit in with what Emily says.

My only ( minor) reluctance to completely rule them out is that i've seen no publicity saying those dates are the only UK gigs of the year. I assume (unless the own gigs promoters are complete idiots) that they would use that as a selling point if it was.

Maybe Stone Roses as a rolling stones replacement?

Say Jaggers says no In Jan, and all tickets have sold out for their own gigs. Then, as long as they are not announced until April, then it wouldn't hurt their own ticket sales.

Would fit in with what Emily says.

I guess that could happen. The point I'm trying to make is that I believe that Emily's words are truthful for how tyhings stand at the moment.

My only ( minor) reluctance to completely rule them out is that i've seen no publicity saying those dates are the only UK gigs of the year. I assume (unless the own gigs promoters are complete idiots) that they would use that as a selling point if it was.

The gigs announced so far don't have to be the only ones this year to rule Glasto out via an exclusivity clause.

And that's because it's exceedingly likely that all of their shows (however many there are) have been done via the same promoter - Simon Moran (SJM) - and so he'll have a handle on everything they're doing.

Simon will certainly want the big paying shows from a business point of view. If he lets them do Glasto on the cheap, that'll lose him the audience for at least one big paying show that he could be profiting much more from.

The promoter will have a contract with the band. That contract will explicitly stipulate what other shows they can or cannot do within a particular geographic area and within a particular timeframe. For a band of the size of the Stone Roses and them playing only huge shows, then it would be the one of the biggest music biz contractual cock-ups of all time if it didn't stop them doing other shows.

Melvin's words made it clear that they're contractually tied down for next summer, and that Glasto couldn't be done.

I think I've stated the blindingly obvious enough now. Those that don't accept it now probably wouldn't believe it from Ian Brown's mouth. :lol:

I guess that could happen. The point I'm trying to make is that I believe that Emily's words are truthful for how tyhings stand at the moment.

The gigs announced so far don't have to be the only ones this year to rule Glasto out via an exclusivity clause.

And that's because it's exceedingly likely that all of their shows (however many there are) have been done via the same promoter - Simon Moran (SJM) - and so he'll have a handle on everything they're doing.

Simon will certainly want the big paying shows from a business point of view. If he lets them do Glasto on the cheap, that'll lose him the audience for at least one big paying show that he could be profiting much more from.

The promoter will have a contract with the band. That contract will explicitly stipulate what other shows they can or cannot do within a particular geographic area and within a particular timeframe. For a band of the size of the Stone Roses and them playing only huge shows, then it would be the one of the biggest music biz contractual cock-ups of all time if it didn't stop them doing other shows.

Melvin's words made it clear that they're contractually tied down for next summer, and that Glasto couldn't be done.

I think I've stated the blindingly obvious enough now. Those that don't accept it now probably wouldn't believe it from Ian Brown's mouth. :lol:

• Joe Satriani?

Joe Satriani, the US rock guitarist announces a 10 date 2013 UK tour,

Manchester O2 Apollo, June 8th

Glasgow, Royal Concert Hall, 9th

Newcastle, City Hall, 10th

Liverpool, Philharmonic Hall, 11th

Bristol, Colston Hall, 12th

Wolverhampton, Civic Hall, 13th

Sheffield, City Hall, 15th

Portsmouth, Guildhall, 16th

London, O2 Shepherds Bush Empire, 17th

London, Indigo2, 18th

With them being a local band the month gap wouldn't be such a big deal. It's not like a band that is doing worldwide tours but it wouldn't be their last ever show if they are down to do shows in August. I still think in the Rolf Harris mode they could be a great opener.

• 2 weeks later...

26-May Bilbao, Spain BEC

28-May Lisbon, Portugal Pavilhao Atlantico

01-June Barcelona, Spain Palau San Jordi

02-June Montpellier, France Montpellier

03-June Lyon, France Halle Tony Garnier

05-June Antwerp, Belgium Sportpaleis

08-June Paris, France Stade de France

10-June Cardiff, Wales Millennium

12-June Manchester, United Kingdom Manchester

15-June London, United Kingdom Twickenham

17-June Birmingham, United Kingdom LG Arena