WWE

lharris92

44 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

You make a good point I hadn't considered. You'd like to think they'll pack in some surprises for the first UK PPV in 30+ years. Regal would have been the obvious one before he jumped to AEW. 

All aboard the Mason Ryan bandwagon then.

Paige making her in ring return would convince me to go but they will probably build it around Drew. 

They could give Pete Dunn his name back and build him up too.

46 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

You make a good point I hadn't considered. You'd like to think they'll pack in some surprises for the first UK PPV in 30+ years. Regal would have been the obvious one before he jumped to AEW. 

All aboard the Mason Ryan bandwagon then.

They'll be going all out on media, and will need as much name recognition as possible. The woman from NXT's Diamond Mine is currently in London, so there'll be others and a press conference soon I guess.

• 1 month later...

So CM Punk is the World Champion again, incredible moment.

My favourite part was how Punk was Palpatine-esque, a shrivelled, hunched over mess on the floor with his hands cover his face as Hangman looked on with the title. Lulling Hangman into thinking he was this frail old man before breaking his heart. The signs are there but Punk deep down is this master manipulator (just like Palpatine) and before we know it he'll turn on us all showing his true face. I think that was the whole point of this story and Punk is just superb at it.

• Like 1

Did anyone else get tickets to WWE Clash at the Castle? I managed to get in early and pick up some £68 ones, well happy with that. The pricing of ringside etc is nothing short of atrocious though, absolute joke.

I'm pretty confident that will be the PPV that Roman drops the belts and it'll be Drew that wins. As for the rest of it, no idea what they have planned but I really hope they don't treat it as a glorified house show - the pricing would suggest they won't.

22 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

Did anyone else get tickets to WWE Clash at the Castle? I managed to get in early and pick up some £68 ones, well happy with that. The pricing of ringside etc is nothing short of atrocious though, absolute joke.

I'm pretty confident that will be the PPV that Roman drops the belts and it'll be Drew that wins. As for the rest of it, no idea what they have planned but I really hope they don't treat it as a glorified house show - the pricing would suggest they won't.

Nah, I saw the prices and then looked at the roster and decided to give it a miss. I've gone to the last few Raws in London and it feels dead compared to when I first went and I don't have much energy for WWE anymore, my baby brothers were huge into it but as they are getting older they have lost interest which affects me especially as I'd rather just watch AEW.

Yeah my money is on Drew winning the belt in his home town of Wales too. lol

On 5/30/2022 at 11:39 PM, Ozanne said:

So CM Punk is the World Champion again, incredible moment.

My favourite part was how Punk was Palpatine-esque, a shrivelled, hunched over mess on the floor with his hands cover his face as Hangman looked on with the title. Lulling Hangman into thinking he was this frail old man before breaking his heart. The signs are there but Punk deep down is this master manipulator (just like Palpatine) and before we know it he'll turn on us all showing his true face. I think that was the whole point of this story and Punk is just superb at it.

Yeah, it looks like the story is that the shit Hagman was worried about, Punk an outsider try to take over are gonna prove right with a heel turn coming. People tend to think Punk only works as a face but he's had some great runs as a heel like his feud with Jeff Hardy or when he was leaving ROH threatening to take the belt to WWE.

The MJF Wardlow match was abit shit after the spend so much time building it. Maybe it was punishment booking for MJF playing up?

Hangman is am absolute stud but the money in him will always be the chase. Him spiralling as a result of this before being proven right with Punk going full heel and having a reign of terror will be great. Greatest trick the devil ever pulled etc. Fuck it, have Punk sit on top until Arthur Ashe next year and have Kingston win it in New York. Would actually blow the roof off.

Genuinely think Eddie Kingston is the best wrestler in the world right now. Nobody gets close to making it feel real or makes me suspend my disbelief like he does. That walk with the gas can to the ring and the look on his face was incredible. So was the 'my demons can swim' promo. 

Too bloated of a show for me, much like the roster it struggled under the weight of excess. Still a 7/10 but nowhere near as good as the more recent PPV run.

2 hours ago, jump said:

The MJF Wardlow match was abit shit after the spend so much time building it. Maybe it was punishment booking for MJF playing up?

Wardlow demolishing MJF was always the right conclusion however MJF's backstage shenanigans were ridiculous. Spent 2.5 years working to this moment and MJF tries to grab the spotlight off Wardlow as he's having his made moment. If he's being such a prick as reported, let him wait out his contract until 2024 on ice and see how much of a lowball offer gets thrown his way, if anything at all, by WWE.

9 hours ago, moz4pm said:

Punk injured and reliquishes the title. Welp. Put it on Mox for now until Punk comes back.

Weirdly it seems they’re actually labelling it the interim championship, which immediately degrades if surely? 

What do people think of that MJF promo?

On 6/1/2022 at 11:19 AM, jump said:

Nah, I saw the prices and then looked at the roster and decided to give it a miss. I've gone to the last few Raws in London and it feels dead compared to when I first went and I don't have much energy for WWE anymore, my baby brothers were huge into it but as they are getting older they have lost interest which affects me especially as I'd rather just watch AEW.

Yeah my money is on Drew winning the belt in his home town of Wales too. lol

Yeah, it looks like the story is that the shit Hagman was worried about, Punk an outsider try to take over are gonna prove right with a heel turn coming. People tend to think Punk only works as a face but he's had some great runs as a heel like his feud with Jeff Hardy or when he was leaving ROH threatening to take the belt to WWE.

When I think of him in WWE my main memories are the Straight Edge Society and undertaker at mania. I do however wonder how successful Punk could be as a heel in 2022, apart from Danielson he is the ultimate internet darling.

28 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

When I think of him in WWE my main memories are the Straight Edge Society and undertaker at mania. I do however wonder how successful Punk could be as a heel in 2022, apart from Danielson he is the ultimate internet darling.

He's fantastic as a heel too. He was recently working heel in AEW and a few years ago his vegan belt and feud with Kofi where he called him a B player (working in his history of overcoming that tag) was one of the last feuds I actually got me invested in the story of WWE. Which is kinda sad as that was 4 years ago and apart from Bray Wyatt who they completely fucked up in the end I am struggling to think what actually excited me in WWE.

Edited by jump

Not a fan of the wall-breaking nature of MJF's promo. He'd gotten away from the edgelord shit in recent times and was so much better as a result, now it feels like we're back there. Could have been so much better. Instead it all comes across as very latter day Russo's WCW which is definitely not a good thing.

I'd actually dig it if they put it on Tanahashi. Would be a true WTF moment and a proper breaking new ground moment for a major US promotion. He can drop it at a later date, even to someone else prior to Punk coming back. Would be a bold, fresh move as opposed to recent AEW booking which I've found lacklustre and a bit repetitive, i.e. redoing the pipebomb with MJF etc

• 2 weeks later...

Conspiracy theory time! Anyone reckon Nick Khan leaked the stuff about Vince? Since he’s come in the companies leadership has been fired/put on leave until it was just Vince left who now has a big scandal. If it was just him and Johnny Ace fucking around he might get away with it but it’s the millions spent on payoffs that could get him sacked.

• 2 weeks later...

Forbidden Door was great. I'm surprised with as many injuries to both New Japan and AEW the card was that good. Also I kinda wanted Tana to become champ, it would have been so cool.

The shit being discovered about Vince looks like there's no chance of him coming back.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/23/2022 at 4:35 PM, pink_triangle said:

Will be interesting to see if he has really gone , or just controlling things in the background.

I believe he will still have some input from the background. 

• 2 weeks later...