WWE

lharris92

On 3/3/2022 at 8:44 PM, Ozanne said:

That MJF - Punk segment was incredible, everything about it was perfect. I love the quote 'the devices greatest trick...' so for MJF to use it and in this context was so well done. 

It's a call back to Punk using it in ROH, and Raven in ECW before then. Same as the 'you stupid old man' part. Not just a reference but builds up the story that MJF was a huge Punk fan, and all that resentment is boiling out now. One of the best feud of modern times for me, been a slow burner, got off to a bit of a rocky start, but had the best pay off.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

It's a call back to Punk using it in ROH, and Raven in ECW before then. Same as the 'you stupid old man' part. Not just a reference but builds up the story that MJF was a huge Punk fan, and all that resentment is boiling out now. One of the best feud of modern times for me, been a slow burner, got off to a bit of a rocky start, but had the best pay off.

I haven’t been this excited for a match in a little while. 

On 3/3/2022 at 6:19 PM, DareToDibble said:

Tony Khan buying ROH is great news for wrestling! Wonder if they’ll end up with all wrestlers crossing over straight away or keeping them separate for now?

Reckon it will be more of a sister promotion than developmental. AEW like to cycle workers on and off TV to keep them fresh, so having them work a program in ROH for 4-6 weeks to keep their heat would work perfectly. Wouldn't be surprised if they have tagged Brian Cage as a major permanent fixture given they picked up the rest of his contract. The likes of Varsity Blondes, The Factory, Bear Country etc could easily flip to working ROH weekly as opposed to Dark, and then still get used on Dynamite/Rampage to job out if needed. Guys like JD Drake, Sydal etc would be perfect as experienced ROH midcarders to build a young roster around. 

I think the Guevara/Impact issue was a prompt for Khan to look at something like this. All well and good letting guys book indie dates for GCW, Warrior etc but clearly having somewhere within AEW's creative control to let workers develop their skills, character etc is vital. 

Still think we'll see workers go out to NJPW on tour/excursion once the borders are freely open. The likes of Garcia, Moriarty etc who would benefit from learning and working the Japanese style, plus can see AEW sending some big talent to work the G1 too. 

3 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I haven’t been this excited for a match in a little while. 

Won't beat Page/Omega for me in terms of hype, purely cos the 2 year story they've told with Page was the best story I've ever seen in pro wrestling. They've made Page come across such a vulnerable champion I feel like he's gonna lose the belt 24/7 style anytime he walks on stage.

Think AEW could stretch it to 6 PPVs a year and they'd still maintain their importance as a spectacle. Once every 2 months feels about right, sometimes it feels like they're spinning wheels in the huge breaks between the big shows. 

39 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

Won't beat Page/Omega for me in terms of hype, purely cos the 2 year story they've told with Page was the best story I've ever seen in pro wrestling. They've made Page come across such a vulnerable champion I feel like he's gonna lose the belt 24/7 style anytime he walks on stage.

Think AEW could stretch it to 6 PPVs a year and they'd still maintain their importance as a spectacle. Once every 2 months feels about right, sometimes it feels like they're spinning wheels in the huge breaks between the big shows. 

I want Adam Cole to win tomorrow. Page as champion hasn’t clicked with me. 

I met Scott Hall once. This was 1999 when I was 15. We queued for ages after school outside the BRMB radio building on Broad Street to meet him ahead of WCW's tickets going on sale. After finally getting out of the limo he told the security to stop pushing me and my mate around. They were trying to clear us out cuz Scott started the signing at basically closing time.

Read so many amazing tributes and stories that highlight how great a bloke he clearly was. Mainly the ones from those at the bottom of the wrestling pyramid, small indie show guys who he had helped out and given time and attention to. 

Gone far too soon, but thankfully not as soon as it looked like at one point. Amazing he managed to turn his life around the way he did and then get his flowers whilst he was still with us with the legend appearances and HOF inductions. 

12 hours ago, kingbadger said:

They've also just played the nWo theme tune as they went off for half time in the Bristol Rovers v Colchester United game, possibly the last place I'd have expected to hear a tribute. 

Always find it a bit mad when you get hear music somewhere you don't expect it. A couple of seasons ago Arsenal (I think) came out to IT'S TIME TO PLAY THE GAME.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, that HoF class is banging! 

I'm looking forward to Mani at the weekend but mostly just because I'll be with my mates and Cody is going to show up. I'm also hoping that Charlotte and Ronda pull out a banger but other than that, like the past few Manias, there's barely anything to get excited about. 

WrestleMania isn't special anymore. The build for matches, which are, at best, filler matches on RAW or SD week on week and, at worst, house show-standard matches, is so, so sub-par. 

10 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Yeah, that HoF class is banging! 

I'm looking forward to Mani at the weekend but mostly just because I'll be with my mates and Cody is going to show up. I'm also hoping that Charlotte and Ronda pull out a banger but other than that, like the past few Manias, there's barely anything to get excited about. 

WrestleMania isn't special anymore. The build for matches, which are, at best, filler matches on RAW or SD week on week and, at worst, house show-standard matches, is so, so sub-par. 

The appeal was already waning for me by the time I gave up. To me the main problem was the huge length which made the whole thing drag and killed the crowd. To me the solution to improve the event would have been to cut (WrestleMania x7 was 4 hours and nobody complained) the whole thing down.  Instead this split night thing dilutes it for me. Probably makes economic sense, but to me the showcase needs to be on one night.

8 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

The split is a huge mistake in my opinion. I understand why they did it during the pandemic but it's shit they have kept it. 

It probably makes financial sense to be able to sell the tickets 2 days in a row, but it's meant to be a showcase. In my view you can't have a showcase if half the card arent there.

1 hour ago, pink_triangle said:

It probably makes financial sense to be able to sell the tickets 2 days in a row, but it's meant to be a showcase. In my view you can't have a showcase if half the card arent there.

You also can’t have a showcase when half the card is throwaway RAW/SD matches.