NEXT GEN CONSOLES

The Nal

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe if they actually tried advertising it, people might be inclined to buy it. I'm sure most of the people who own a Wii, don't actually know that the Wii U exists.

None of the casual gamers I know, who all grabbed a Wii and used it at parties and stuff do. It's weird.

Secretly I am hoping they give up on hardware, just so they can start putting Pokemon out officially on Android :P Much like the above idea of a Nintendo "Museum" for the Wii U...I'd have been all over getting a Wii U for something like that!

Edited by LondonTom

None of the casual gamers I know, who all grabbed a Wii and used it at parties and stuff do. It's weird.

Secretly I am hoping they give up on hardware, just so they can start putting Pokemon out officially on Android :P Much like the above idea of a Nintendo "Museum" for the Wii U...I'd have been all over getting a Wii U for something like that!

They have before but it was one of the spin offs.

The company that owns Pokemon isn't Nintendo but Gamefreak who are a private company, when they were devolving Pokemon they were low in funds and on the verge on bankruptcy so Nintendo agreed to help them and they see no reason to work with other companies now despite releasing games on the Playstation and PC. Tho I'd imagine at this point they probably have somekind of exclusive agreement between them.

They have before but it was one of the spin offs.

The company that owns Pokemon isn't Nintendo but Gamefreak who are a private company, when they were devolving Pokemon they were low in funds and on the verge on bankruptcy so Nintendo agreed to help them and they see no reason to work with other companies now despite releasing games on the Playstation and PC. Tho I'd imagine at this point they probably have somekind of exclusive agreement between them.

ah Didn't know about the spinoff! What I really want is a slightly updated Pokemon Red/Blue...just come colours added, turn the Gameboy link stuff (battles/trading) into an online multiplayer thing and I'd play it for months :P

Also I thought Pokemon was owned by Nintendo, or they at least have shares in the Pokemon company maybe not the rights though.

Edited by LondonTom

ah Didn't know about the spinoff! What I really want is a slightly updated Pokemon Red/Blue...just come colours added, turn the Gameboy link stuff (battles/trading) into an online multiplayer thing and I'd play it for months :P

Also I thought Pokemon was owned by Nintendo, or they at least have shares in the Pokemon company maybe not the rights though.

The Pokemon Company is a partly owned by Nintendo but they only are responsible for handling licensing, merchandise and other Pokemon shit.

Basiclly the Pokemon rights are split between Nintendo, Gamefreak and Creatures with Gamefreak the ones who created Pokemon and are also independent which is why you see a few android games pop everynow and then.

I started playing Crysis last night. Not really sure what all the fuss is about. Seems like a pretty average shooter to me so far.

..and it is. But as soon as you forget about the actual main storyline and just get lost in side missions and exploration it comes into it's own. For me the greatest joy was trying multiple tactical variations on the camps, which I have taken down variously with sniper only, with beasts (it's really sweet to just let a caged tiger out into a crowded camp of bad guys), flame or all guns blazing. The game's strength is in the AI and there is much fun to be had just playing with situations where the AI reaction differs every time.

I have a Wii U and I like it. But at the moment it's used for Zelda Skyward Sword and a few virtual console games. They desperately need to show that some big Nintendo heavy hitters are coming. Promote the new Mario and Mario Kart, tell us a new Zelda's coming, bang a new Donkey Kong out!

Sadly my Wii U is waiting for Nintendo games that seem a long way away.

Same here. I'm running through Mario Galaxy again. What an absolutely astounding game that is. Those purple coin challenges are liquid videogaming.

I think the frustration with the Wii U comes from the potential and promise of it that's eating everyone up. It's also coming to realise Nintendo and all they represent have been brain dead a while now but none of us can bear to let go and turn off the life support. People WANT the Wii U to be good - the people getting pissed off about them only do it because they obviously want Nintendo to stick around, not choke.

Take Nintendo Land - why haven't they turned that utterly genius Luigi's Mansion mini-game into a full blown title? Multiple rooms massive hide and seek spy vs spy style party game full of booby traps and all that, with races and different modes and co-op.

Where's Metroid? The possibilities of the screen are endless given the different types of game that series has had.

Starfox - flying using the screen as the joystick and targeting system.

These kinds of things should have at the very least had screenshots on a COMING SOON poster inside every Wii U box - like when the N64 had that one sheet poster with pictures of imminent games like Mario Kart 64 on it. They used to really get you on board for the ride from day one and now it's like getting on a shiny new rollercoaster that has no track.

Edited by Purple Monkey

Not so much gaming but does anyone know of any decent laptops?

I've had mine for 3 years, whilst it is it is still ok the fan seems like it's dying, I'm out of space on my hard drive (150gb of music files are saved on it plus some movies & games), and it's been running slow for a while now! It is only 320GB with 4GB RAM. I was thinking of getting 1TB Hard drive with 8GB ram. Then hopefully the laptop will last me for a long time.

My budget is £550 really can't do too much more than that. I will be using the laptop mostly everyday, mainly for surfing the net, listening to music, watching movies and playing Football Manager :P

Alot of people are reccommending Lenovo, any have/had one?

Edited by Jackmypie

Not so much gaming but does anyone know of any decent laptops?

I've had mine for 3 years, whilst it is it is still ok the fan seems like it's dying, I'm out of space on my hard drive (150gb of music files are saved on it plus some movies & games), and it's been running slow for a while now! It is only 320GB with 4GB RAM. I was thinking of getting 1TB Hard drive with 8GB ram. Then hopefully the laptop will last me for a long time.

My budget is £550 really can't do too much more than that. I will be using the laptop mostly everyday, mainly for surfing the net, listening to music, watching movies and playing Football Manager :P

Alot of people are reccommending Lenovo, any have/had one?

I got a Toshiba one from Argos few months back on sale for £330, its 750GB and 8GB of Ram, windows 8, I use it for exactly what you listed and its perfect and fast as fuck. Turn it on, takes about 10 seconds before im on the net, very quick.

Its actually on sale right now for only £320! 2.2ghz processor too.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5089693.htm

2.2 dual-core is pretty slow... even for a non-gaming laptop. With a £500 budget I'd be looking for a quad-core. Might be able to get 16GB of RAM as well at that price if there's no interest in a graphics card. That machine there would be average speed now and feel incredibly slow in a couple of years.

I got a Toshiba one from Argos few months back on sale for £330, its 750GB and 8GB of Ram, windows 8, I use it for exactly what you listed and its perfect and fast as fuck. Turn it on, takes about 10 seconds before im on the net, very quick.

in a year's time, I bet it will be taking several minutes until it's booted and got a browser window open.