T in the Park 2013

Guest Chiefski

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We decided to pass at £50 despite not getting many bands of that status up in aberdeen. Easy decision for me but harder for my pals.. I paid 65 for Rush and think it's worth it but the Killers are still just a poppy band, not great musicians. I guess tickets are worth what people will pay.

Arctic Monkeys have shifted over 60 million records worldwide, in 6 years and 4 albums.

The Cure have shifted 27 million records in 36 years and 13 albums, and not forgetting how well there last album done, really not a worth headliner for a festival in this day in age no matter how you spin it tbh.

The big difference is The Cure are as Alternative as you can get but somehow made it big by releasing some fairly poppy singles which are not representative of the majority of their music. They've constantly altered their style whilst staying alternative and not falling into the trap of -Verse, Chorus, Verse- re-write.

The Arctic Monkey's are fairly normal, samey Indie which would be no-where without the internet and the clever marketing strategy at the start of their career.

We decided to pass at £50 despite not getting many bands of that status up in aberdeen. Easy decision for me but harder for my pals.. I paid 65 for Rush and think it's worth it but the Killers are still just a poppy band, not great musicians. I guess tickets are worth what people will pay.

I'll be travelling around the UK on holidays next year and am aiming to be in Edinburgh around the same dates as when T in on. But I don't really want to go for the whole weekend as I don't really have time on my trip and just don't think I could handle the cold/rain, I'm an Aussie ;)

So if there's a few bands playing on one day that I fancy, is it easy just to go for a day and get the bus from Edinburgh to T and then back to Edinburgh at the end of the night?

Cheers :)

I'll be travelling around the UK on holidays next year and am aiming to be in Edinburgh around the same dates as when T in on. But I don't really want to go for the whole weekend as I don't really have time on my trip and just don't think I could handle the cold/rain, I'm an Aussie wink.png

So if there's a few bands playing on one day that I fancy, is it easy just to go for a day and get the bus from Edinburgh to T and then back to Edinburgh at the end of the night?

Cheers smile.png

Edited by Chiefski

Can't see it, but it would cause that day of the festival to sell out.

I think there were issues with them at Download because they insisted on having their own stage, so there was actually two main stages side by side - one for everyone before them, and then the one for them headlining.

My pals who were at Download in 2010 said it was an absolute joke. The day AC/DC played was a write off cos fans spent most of the day waiting at the AC/DC stage to get a good spot so there was a bad atmosphere at the other bands playing late in the day.