T in the Park 2013

Guest Chiefski

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watching the Foo Fighters and it's made me appreciate how good we had it in 2010.

Artic Monkeys,Coldplay,Foo Fighters. Is it possible to get three head-liners as good as that realistically at one festival?

Also, how on earth are The Cure a headliner? a band that hasn't had a number one album sinse 1992, the last album only reached number 33 and by and large they are a totally shoite band.

Edited by Gparsfan

Watching the Foo Fighters and it's made me appreciate how good we had it in 2010.

Artic Monkeys,Coldplay,Foo Fighters. Is it possible to get three head-liners as good as that realistically at one festival?

Also, how on earth are The Cure a headliner? a band that hasn't had a number one album sinse 1992, the last album only reached number 33 and by and large they are a totally shoite band.

i reckon Biffy are a stick on for T but I am less than convinced of the others, The Killers and Green Day are obvious contenders but I have a sneaky feeling someone completely out of the blue will be pulled out of the hat which very few will have thought of. Cant see Gaga headlining and I would be extremely disappointed if she did

i reckon Biffy are a stick on for T but I am less than convinced of the others, The Killers and Green Day are obvious contenders but I have a sneaky feeling someone completely out of the blue will be pulled out of the hat which very few will have thought of. Cant see Gaga headlining and I would be extremely disappointed if she did

I would, they were not headline status at R&L. They were good but when you compare their live show to any of the headers this year at R&L, it doesn't touch it yet.

With T needing to get big ticket sales this year and the big anniversary, there are bands around that could easily place The Black Keys as a sub.

The Killers

Lady GaGa

Green Day

is much stronger.

The Killers and straight out headliner bud, especially in Scotland, the T crowd go mad for them. Biffy have more chance of subbing.

All of T's NME headers are dancey to be fair so I don't expect The Black Keys and Paolo is a stretch. He could go up against The Killers or Biffy to be honest.

Mumford subbing GaGa is a good shout though.

Green Day with No Doubt subbing is also up there.

I meant Biffy to be subbing :) but they will be billed as a 'co', in silly T organiser terms. Dont agree that the NME headline spot is always 'dancey' though, usually its just an act that differs a bit from your main stage headliner, hence why I can see The Black Keys working against Gaga and Nutini v Green Day, would probably have The Prodigy or Chemical Brothers on the friday against The Killers.

No Doubts not a bad shout, if not them can see Paramore getting that kind of spot, not my choice saying that

Have you checked out every NME header for 2010, 11 and 12? Except for Black Eyed Peas and Madness who I'd still say are dancey bands easily, everyone has been. T has a history of getting dancey headers for NME and they still provide an alternative to main. You have to go back to 2009 to find a year with no dance NME header and then 2008 still had one.

I'm not doubting that there is usually a few dance orientated headliners (I know the lineups, I've been going for too long tbh :P ) but overall I'd always say that the NME headline spot is to offer a direct alternative to the main, which in most instances is mostly going to be a dance based act or a rockier type. Going by whos played recently, and who looks like touring, outside of the mainstays of Prodigy and Chemical Brothers, I cant see who of those type of acts are going to make a step up and even then one/two of them has to be likely for Rockness up the road.

I'm not doubting that there is usually a few dance orientated headliners (I know the lineups, I've been going for too long tbh :P ) but overall I'd always say that the NME headline spot is to offer a direct alternative to the main, which in most instances is mostly going to be a dance based act or a rockier type. Going by whos played recently, and who looks like touring, outside of the mainstays of Prodigy and Chemical Brothers, I cant see who of those type of acts are going to make a step up and even then one/two of them has to be likely for Rockness up the road.

Just to say though, from a guy who's been going for that long. What am I going to expect next year, 1st and only time going so really want to make the most of it. I'm a 3 time glasto goer, a day ticket goer for Soni and V a couple of times, a 2 time Download goer and a 7 time R&L goer.

Your view on how good it is to be fair or?

Cant really speak for many other fests (havent really escaped the border really, more with mates not wanting to try other things, though Europe might be getting done soon), but I'd probably go with music wise expect a mix of V/Reading though you can probably tell that, crowd wise, its a bit clichy to say but generally the crowd will always be up for it, depending on the acts, and will not fear in being relentless towards acts if they arent up to it. Its not quite the horror story place that people always make out, yeah there are alot of pure radges, but they are easily avoided/dealt with if you know how to (i've probably been lucky that ive never been in a fight or witnessed many).

If I was gonna make a tl;dr of it all, I'd say its probably a lot more head on than the others, be prepared to drink your face off, and not worry about the weather haha, im expecting a decent one next year to be honest