T in the Park 2013

Guest Chiefski

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really doubt Lady Gaga will headline T next year. Her stage sets are too elaborate for a festival. When she played Lollapollooza a few years back, I remember the organisers saying they spent thousands of dollars on a bigger Main Stage just so it could hold her stage set up. Headliners next year, I reckon, will be:

Biffy

The Killers

Green Day/act you couldn't guess a year in advance (eg Stone Roses, Eminem)

I really doubt Lady Gaga will headline T next year. Her stage sets are too elaborate for a festival. When she played Lollapollooza a few years back, I remember the organisers saying they spent thousands of dollars on a bigger Main Stage just so it could hold her stage set up. Headliners next year, I reckon, will be:

Biffy

The Killers

Green Day/act you couldn't guess a year in advance (eg Stone Roses, Eminem)

I watched Muse headline the Friday a couple of years ago and were very poor.

I really hated the Resistance album, and everything I've heard of the new album plus their Olympics Closing Ceremony song seems like they have lost the plot.

Something seems to have gone very wrong with Muse, and as a fan of their early material and even Black Holes its disappointing.

Yup, I would guess that's the reason, earlish headline times combined with the height of the summer = poor light show :P

Not sure who else would do V, no one jumps out at me for it as it could be indie or it could be a massive pop act with V.

For T, atm I'd go with Killers making an appearance at T for sure, then maybe GaGa if she does do fests and Biffy with an outside chance of Blur if they decide to do more shows. (My guess is not just cos Hyde Park didn't turn into another legendary blur gig when it should been, due to complete shit the venue was for that(not sure if other hyde park gigs are quite as shit set up like that).)

Any1 think kol could play?really can't stick them but big geoff loves them and esp with it being t's 20th year..

I'm hoping for the likes of the black keys,arcade fire,justice,mumford and sons(pretty decent at rockness last year)

Still got my fingers crossed for daft punk,can live in hope:)

Any1 think kol could play?really can't stick them but big geoff loves them and esp with it being t's 20th year..

I'm hoping for the likes of the black keys,arcade fire,justice,mumford and sons(pretty decent at rockness last year)

Still got my fingers crossed for daft punk,can live in hope:)

I'd be very happy with Killers, Green Day, Biffy or Blur, love all those bands. Throw in a bit of At The Drive-In, Black Keys, Bloc Party, Brand New, Frightned Rabbit, The Gaslight Anthem, Jack White, Queens of the Stone age and Young Guns and I don't think I could complain about the rest of the line up. Probably won't happen, but I can dream.

I'd be very happy with Killers, Green Day, Biffy or Blur, love all those bands. Throw in a bit of At The Drive-In, Black Keys, Bloc Party, Brand New, Frightned Rabbit, The Gaslight Anthem, Jack White, Queens of the Stone age and Young Guns and I don't think I could complain about the rest of the line up. Probably won't happen, but I can dream.

Could see ATD-I being more likely for a King Tuts spot tbh, nothing against the band but dont think they would have enough appeal to get a NME headline position. Jack White can probably command a high main stage, NME headline spot now, as I thought it would, his shows look like they are selling quickly (I'd imagine all of them will be sold out by 10am) got myself a pair for the Edinburgh show :)

Could see ATD-I being more likely for a King Tuts spot tbh, nothing against the band but dont think they would have enough appeal to get a NME headline position. Jack White can probably command a high main stage, NME headline spot now, as I thought it would, his shows look like they are selling quickly (I'd imagine all of them will be sold out by 10am) got myself a pair for the Edinburgh show :)

I also got a ticket for Jack White at the Usher Hall.

I have a good few gigs lined up before Christmas now:

- Mark Lanegan next week

- Gaslight Anthem

- Slash

- Alice Cooper

- Jack White

I have a few possibles for December as well: The Damned, Madness, Neville Staple.

I would put At The Driev-In headlining Tut's as well, because their appeal is somewhat limited. QOTSA and Jack White headlining NME would also work. Jack White could sub main as well probably.

Damn you for getting tickets for Gaslight Anthem, I missed those :(

Before Christmas I've got Feeder, Twin Atlantic and Pulled Apart By Horses to look forward to.