• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eFestivals

• pink_triangle

• thetime

• strummer77

Really sad to see RVP go, but such is at my club these days. IF we now spend the money on a replacement it's actually a pretty good piece of business given his age and injury record, but i woun't be at all surprised to see nobody else coming in. Really hope i'm proved wrong.

The most annoying bit is the "i'll always be a gunner at heart" crap he was spouting in his statement a couple of months ago. Us fans are all pretty gullible, but we're not that stupid.

Kaosmark; not seen Anita, but heard good things. Be good if you can get Dubuchy too; impressed me when I've seen him. Would be a tidy little team if Cisse continues where he left, Ba is a little more refreshed and likes of Santon develop further.

Hope everyone is well.

What's the story with Song Steve? Know there's the stories of Wenger wanting a more disciplined player for defence, but thought overall Song had been progressing pretty well as an decent all-round CM.

Considering he's supposedly got 3 years on his contract (I'd initially read it was 2 so thought there was the possibilitiy of him doing a cesc/rvp next year), would seem a strange move if let him go for as low as the £15m thats being rumoured; unless adamant wants to leave for Barca, or somethings gone on behind the scenes that Wenger's deemed that he might not be loyal, so would rather push him now than invest time/money into him for him to run his contract low like the others. Initially thought it might be contract tactics but fair amount of smoke now.

Looking forward to Cazorla in the prem; as long as he settles, then should be a star. Giroud obviously will need to hit the ground running a fair bit and will be interesting how Podolski does (I'm slightly cautious about that one myself but might work out alright), but as it stands think you should be fine for top 4 again. Think title challenge would be tough this year. purely from treading water again, step forward and a step back. 2014 the changer and what I guess the board are waiting for, where should hope to get a bit more parity regards sponsorship....as long as Jenkinson isn't your most marketable player left. /index.php?&app=forums&module=extras&section=legends#"> :unsure:

Looking forward to Wilshere making a return too, just hope the injury hasn't set him back too much or inhibits him in the future.

-----------

Edited by Steve P

Half the league has changed manager in the last 18 months, they're usually considered safe outside extreme circumstances.

Gold and Sullivan are proven idiots.

The ones who've been around longer than 18 months have built up a strong reputation within their clubs and could survive a dodgy season. eg. Moyes, Pulis

The other promoted teams are run sensibly.

Chelski, one of the worst clubs for firing and hiring, have just appointed the man who won their 1st Champs Lge.

There's very few clubs who look certain for relegation, noone really has a clue (for the record, I reckon Villa, Swansea and Norwich if I had to pick 3), there's about 8-10 that look like they could, with none of them seeming particularly weak.

Who would you say looks liable to be sacked?

Yes.

Fergie: "He turned down various offers to come here. The boy was desperate to play for Manchester United."

:D

Best front two in world football at the moment.

Have to say though, I do feel a little sorry for Arsenal and particularly Wenger. I've no issue with Arsenal. A great club who try do things the right way, entertain and play good football. But this stadium is taking so much from the team. Wenger now saying Song is probably off too.