• Replies 46.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gucci Piggy

• the wonderwhy

• dentalplan

• Com Truise

Arctics album won't be out before the festival season & it looks like they'll probably only be at Glasto...

Depending how that may go down I can see IOW going for them. i think this year might've just gone down to one or the other and neither of them had headlined it before so.

Maybe an own arena tour, IOW would do well to get them as if only Glasto, any opportunity to see them is basically gone.

Depending how that may go down I can see IOW going for them. i think this year might've just gone down to one or the other and neither of them had headlined it before so.

Maybe an own arena tour, IOW would do well to get them as if only Glasto, any opportunity to see them is basically gone.

I'd have thought Arctics will do an arena tour late this year, with the album out shortly before. Edited by MattDavies__

At this stage it looks like Metallica and the Black Keys are the most sensible bets, lots of people predicting them

As for the others, some i could think of are:

The Stone Roses - Should have new material by then, and R&L could be one of the only things they haven't done

Arctic Monkeys - Could still be touring after this year's album and would be 5 years since they last played

Kings Of Leon - Yes i know they threw a tantrum last time but should be touring of a new album, been off the festival circuit for 2 years and 5 years since they last played so i still think they could get booked

The Killers - Seen some people predicting them, i can't really see them being booked unless they really struggle to find someone else. I guess they would still shift some tickets as an exclusive

Outside bets: Paramore - Please no. Can only see it happening if the next album is huge

Queens Of The Stoneage - Been perennial sub headliners for a while, again can't see them headlining unless next album is huge

Isn't The Black Keys a bit soon? Yeah some bands have subbed one year and headlined two years later (well the only one who come to mind, in the modern era, are KOL and they had pretty much the biggest upsurge in popularity imaginable) but do we really see them becoming massively bigger with the next album? I can see them headlining a fest yes but surely they would go for somewhere like IOW or Glasto (assuming they dont play Glasto this year) first. Paramore seem too soon also but they arguably have less fests to choose from (just Download and Reading and think they would go down badly at Download).

Edited by SOAD

At this stage it looks like Metallica and the Black Keys are the most sensible bets, lots of people predicting them

As for the others, some i could think of are:

The Stone Roses - Should have new material by then, and R&L could be one of the only things they haven't done

Arctic Monkeys - Could still be touring after this year's album and would be 5 years since they last played

Kings Of Leon - Yes i know they threw a tantrum last time but should be touring of a new album, been off the festival circuit for 2 years and 5 years since they last played so i still think they could get booked

The Killers - Seen some people predicting them, i can't really see them being booked unless they really struggle to find someone else. I guess they would still shift some tickets as an exclusive

Outside bets: Paramore - Please no. Can only see it happening if the next album is huge

Queens Of The Stoneage - Been perennial sub headliners for a while, again can't see them headlining unless next album is huge

I reckon either Glasto or R&L will get The Roses and gut feeling is The Roses - I think it's next year or not a bit for them. Playing a festival off the back of a new album that will sell anyway and fast with tickets very hard to get and The Roses play, would then be a great headliner for R&L to get themselves.

I'm unsure on The Killers, I can't see them next year, they've played Hyde Park 2011, V fest last year, Wembley this year. Too much a stretch I think for what tickets R&L would need to sell.

Arctics - Also unsure on these, R&L if only Glasto and a tour later would seem one of the likely options, but by then V fest or IOW could get them back again too.

KOL - I think V will have them before we will. This said, people weren't raving about the prospect of them this year that are V goers.

QOTSA - No

Paramore - It's possible but something says a 3 year gap instead, but could well happen.

QOTSA have to have a chance to headline next year... It's the joint longest they have stayed away from the festival since they first played... and their last two times they were strong subs. Seem to be getting better slots at Euro fests than normal. Reckon if they do a strong tour in the winter (maybe finally play arenas if they want to, which apparently they never do but meh) they could headline next year.

Pretty certain they will play... probably sub Metallica but I reckon if Tallica dont play they could headline a day.

Edited by SOAD