• Replies 46.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gucci Piggy

• the wonderwhy

• dentalplan

• Com Truise

I think the whole 'everyone at R+L is there to get pissed up and not see any bands' thing is exaggerated a lot on here. I may go again next year, depending on the lineup, but I certainly wouldn't say that the crowd at Reading is enough to put me off going.

Also I don't understand why people on here have a problem with people not seeing any bands over the weekend? It's their money they've spent on the ticket - if they choose to waste it by sitting around instead of seeing bands then why should you care?

I think the whole 'everyone at R+L is there to get pissed up and not see any bands' thing is exaggerated a lot on here. I may go again next year, depending on the lineup, but I certainly wouldn't say that the crowd at Reading is enough to put me off going.

Also I don't understand why people on here have a problem with people not seeing any bands over the weekend? It's their money they've spent on the ticket - if they choose to waste it by sitting around instead of seeing bands then why should you care?

It's probably an understated opinion on here.

Well, those are the people you're spending £220 to stand next to and scowl at while you try and enjoy music. It does affect you.

You won't be stood next to them while watching music if they're at the campsite all the time, which is what people on here are moaning about them doing

Edited by gweb

You won't be stood next to them while watching music if they're at the campsite all the time, which is what people on here are moaning about them doing

Festival attendees, especially those who post of a festival-related website year round, like to think of themselves as proper music fans and therefore look down on anyone who may not be up to the required standard of music fandom.

Anyway as dentalplan says I think you're exagerrating the issue, I don't remember many people 'on here' saying that they won't be going to the festival again because some other people go and don't see any bands.

I think it's more that the people who sit drinking all day are more likely to be the ones who are abusive and disrespectful of other people and their property. If they're not then I'm fine with that but I imagine that's all anyone really has a problem with; people being dickheads. I care about people paying £220 to be dickheads to other people.

Edited by dentalplan

I did this but I went at around 11:30 but the toilets were still nice (I just used the ones near the FR tent as less people seemed to use them)

I went at about 6pm one day and it was emmaculate. There wasn't even any poo in the toilet, it was like it hadn't been used all day. It was wonderful.

Think I'm the only person who doesn't mind taking a dump in the campsite toilets, even on the Sunday night I didn't think they were that bad tbh

I went once on the Wednesday and I thought about squatting then just thought "fuck it" and just sat down on the seat as it wouldn't be bad then

Edited by justanothername

I went once on the Wednesday and I thought about squatting then just thought "fuck it" and just sat down on the seat as it wouldn't be bad then

Heathen.

I do the squat technique, but I like hold myself up by supporting myself on the walls.

Use lots of anti-bac though

When we slept in the car last year because our tent flooded, my mate needed a dump so bad that he ran across the car park in just his boxers, no shoes, to the hedges to try and go. He was freezing cold and couldn't go. Now every time we talk about Leeds he says, "That time I squatted in a bush in the pissing rain trying to have a shit. What a f*cking bozo."