• Replies 46.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gucci Piggy

• the wonderwhy

• dentalplan

• Com Truise

At modern Reading and Leeds, there's more likely to be an organised Yaya Toure/Kolo Toure in the crowd than them bottling off shit acts.

That reminds me, can someone tell me what the fuck that is and where it's come from? I've heard it a few places and I'm old and confused.

Most subs are 'bump up' are they not?

Definitely. It's a natural transition period for bands set to one day headline. Occasionally you'll get a Cho Sued moment and a band will sub when they could headline but normally it's always a bump up.

Mighty Boosh? Pulling? Nighty Night? Ideal? Shirley Ghostman? Two Pints before it turned to complete crap?

When the slugs went. The talent went.

EDIT: Monkey Dust?!?!

I forgot about Mighty Boosh and Ideal. Two Pints has always been crap. Pulling was pretty bad.

I think you need to consult your doctor.

You may be 'simple'.

Oh get off your high horse :P

Uncle and Him & Her were comedy gold. Can't think of much else, but I think it's still good to have a dedicated channel for new comedy. I think a number of their programmes have been 'premiering' on iPlayer before being shown on TV, I guess that was a test for this eventuality.

I only ever watch stuff on iPlayer. I reckon that'll be the case for the majority of people in (less than) five years time.

Anyway, back to Reading. Hopefully we get The Joy Formidable back this year. FR headline (against Blink obviously) anyone?

Posted Today, 01:39 PM

mrtourette, on 05 Mar 2014 - 1:33 PM, said:snapback.png

QOTSA look to be headlining R&L, which would make this unlikely.

"Hmmmm, not so sure about that info - some of the "guaranteed right" info from more than one source has already been proven as wrong."

Neil posted this in the glasto forums... basically saying that Luckysalts info might be wrong.

Say it.

I think Jack White is our final headliner, and QOTSA are subbing him.

or maybe i'm just being optimistic... or in a good mood

That gig wise article a while ago (trying to find it) that said our final headliner is a solo act that's heavier than arctic monkeys or whatever, and older than them or something?

Plus today with Neil saying that he doesn't trust Lucky's info... I wonder. It's just as much as i'd love it to happen... Jack white is a very strong sub!