Lineup 2014

Hawky

How did prodigy go from playing second stages to headlining fests? They were headlining glasto I think in 1997, then they started going down lineups and all of a sudden headliners again.

I can't remember them having a hit album in the last few years.

Invaders must die was huge.

• Replies 46.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gucci Piggy

• the wonderwhy

• dentalplan

• Com Truise

All I'd see from v are

manics

The rifles

Kaiser chiefs

Newton Faulkner

Miles Kane

But none of those are on my must see list that would get me excited to go to a festival. I've seen 4/5 of those also.

Reading and Leeds currently has

Blink 182

Warpaint

Royal blood

Metronomy

that I'd see and that's without the majority of the two main stages announced.

The only band I'd make a point of seeing at V is the Wonder Stuff, altough if I found myself in the unfortunate situation of being there through boredom and wanting to get my money's worth I'd probably take in Kaiser Chiefs, Miles Kane and The Killers (as fortunately I haven't been going for the last seven years). What's more ofensive about V is not the lack of good acts but the large amount of absolute shite.

Edited by mrtourette

I don't think they'll headline R+L/T/V/Glastonbury. Can just stick to the ones with limited options, perfect fit.

They would need another album as good as invaders must die to push on to headline again. However if they leave it any longer we could see them dropping down again.

The only band I'd make a point of seeing at V is the Wonder Stuff.

Lucky they are at bearded then.

It's a shame r&l can't pick a few older acts like v does. The likes of wonderstuff, embrace, manics, inspiral carpets would only make the lineup better.

They would need another album as good as invaders must die to push on to headline again. However if they leave it any longer we could see them dropping down again.

I thought they might of had a sniff of headlining reading or v this year, got to have been a better option than killers or blink.

Edited by thetime

I don't really think this is a factor to consider but surely YMAS wouldn't have cost as much as a usual sub slot would. I can't imagine them paying You Me At Six the same as they paid NIN for example. The headliners also don't scream "expensive" either.

Yeah but they've got four of them.

I don't really think this is a factor to consider but surely YMAS wouldn't have cost as much as a usual sub slot would. I can't imagine them paying You Me At Six the same as they paid NIN for example. The headliners also don't scream "expensive" either.

Well then they're quite fortunate that they got YMAS for cheaper than NIN when they're probably going to be a more popular and successful booking. Either spend the money elsewhere (Arctics) or bank it for future years when expensive acts are available.

Yeah but they've got four of them.

Two bump ups though. Again, I imagine Biffy didn't get paid nearly as much as Eminem or Greenday did. Probably be the same for Paramore & QotSA? And with that lineup they had some decent sized subs which presumably cost a lot of money.

Regardless it's a pointless conversation because noone knows how much anyone gets paid for performing at certain slots. I was just musing.

Well then they're quite fortunate that they got YMAS for cheaper than NIN when they're probably going to be a more popular and successful booking. Either spend the money elsewhere (Arctics) or bank it for future years when expensive acts are available.

Yeah it does seem like they're saving up for [iNSERT_FAVOURED_HEADLINER] to me.

Edited by dentalplan

Lucky they are at bearded then.

It's a shame r&l can't pick a few older acts like v does. The likes of wonderstuff, embrace, manics, inspiral carpets would only make the lineup better.

Yeah it's generally the case, add Shed Seven, The Charlatans, Cast to that list of aging indie bands that find a more appreciative audience and/or willing bookers at V rather than R&L. R&L does pick up older acts, just not really from that genre/area.

How did prodigy go from playing second stages to headlining fests? They were headlining glasto I think in 1997, then they started going down lineups and all of a sudden headliners again.

I can't remember them having a hit album in the last few years.

Invaders Must Die was huge, the problem was it took 7 years to follow up Fat Of Land with the okish received Always Outnumbered Never Outgunned but since Invaders they have gone back to selling out huge venues like Milton Keyned, O2 etc

They just need to get the new album out then I reckon they will start headlining R&L, V, T etc.

Edited by jump

50 cent might be returning.

Is there any particular reason Qotsa/ Paramore were never added to the rumours section?

Don't think they add things based on Lucky Salt's sources. I think they need to get the information themselves before they add anything to the rumours page.