Lineup 2014

Hawky

Download: a7x, Linkin Park, Green Day

Reading: Blur, Artic Monkeys, The Prodigy

Bloodstock: Kreator, Cannibal Corpse, Trivium

The only thing with this is that if IOW and/or RockNess got The Prodigy as well, they'd look a weakish headliner booking.

I don't think Green Day are playing Download

• Replies 46.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gucci Piggy

• the wonderwhy

• dentalplan

• Com Truise

Glastonbury: Arcade Fire, Radiohead, Fleetwood Mac

R&L: Queens Of The Stone Age, (Daft Punk, Kanye, Paramore Or The Killers :ninja: ) Arctic Monkeys.

TITP: Biffy Clyro, Bruno Mars, Kings Of Leon.

V: Mumford & Sons, Justin Timberlake.

IOW: Biffy Clyro, Aerosmith, Rihanna or Muse.

Download: Avenged Sevenfold, Green Day, Pearl Jam.

Download: Paramore/Foo Fighters/Def Leppard

Isle Of Wight: Daft Punk/Arcade Fire/Guns N' Roses

Glastonbury: The Black Keys/The Stone Roses/Kanye West

T In The Park: Arctic Monkeys/Kings Of Leon/Metallica

V: Coldplay/Lady Gaga

Reading & Leeds: Arctic Monkeys/Queens Of The Stone Age/Blur

Download with no metal headliner? The Black Keys headlining Glasto? Metallica headlining T? OK then...

Glastonbury: Arcade Fire, Daft Punk, Fleetwood Mac.
R+L: Paramore, Arctic Monkeys, Stone Roses.
Download: Guns N' Roses, Avenged Sevenfold, Pearl Jam.
T: Biffy Clyro, Kings of Leon, Daft Punk.
V: Mumford and Sons, Justin Timberlake.
IOW: Kings of Leon, The Prodigy, Muse.

Bestival: George Michael, Gorillaz, Black Keys.
Rock Ness:
Hard Rock Calling: Aerosmith, Biffy Clyro.

Edited by dentalplan

I'd say it's fairly likely next years headliners will be Monkeys QOTSA and a curveball, probably a cheapish one, I imagine after this year they'll realise weakening the undercard for the sake of booking expensive headliners isn't a good idea, and they'll want Monkeys on an exclusive which off the back of their 5th album which I'm sure will sell very well, so they wont be cheap at all.

I don't think The Stone Roses will play R&L next year. I think this year was the year to get them if it was going to happen without a new album.

There will be no big get on them after R&L will now be the one major festival they haven't done. I'd be surprised if they sold their day ticket allocation out as anyone from Reading who wanted to see them had 2 days chance this weekend and anyone from Leeds had Heaton park 3 nights - I know they were hard to get but the amount of people that were on trains travelling from Manchester down to Finsbury this weekend was quite a lot so many of them have now been again

Which is why R+L will get them next year.

For what reason to shift another 160 when they failed to sell it this year? Why would they suddenly not failed next year?

If they play somewhere next year, I imagine Glasto will have them, they won't need to sell tickets then.

Edited by thewayiam

For what reason to shift another 160 when they failed to sell it this year? Why would they suddenly not failed next year?

If they play somewhere next year, I imagine Glasto will have them, they won't need to sell tickets then.

Yes, because "R&L will book them next year because this year was the year to get them" was an entirely serious suggestion.

Saw The Stone Roses on Friday, brilliant set. Crowd was full of knobs shouting "mad fer it!" The whole time, which has nothing to do with the Roses.

On another note, I know I'm late but I finally have my hands on ...Like Clockwork, given it three or four listens now and it's already becoming one of favourite albums of all time. I Sat By the Ocean, My God is the Sun, If I had a Tail and Fair Weather Friends are my favourite. QOTSA without a doubt deserve their headline slot, whether they'll actually get one or not is the question.

Why wouldn't they have just given him a high slot this year if that was the case? He's not gonna do anything to increase his profile between this year's festival and next year's.

I think because I reckon they'll probably put him something like 5th on main stage and the acts that are in that slot this year are stronger so they'll wait until next year when there's more demand when he hasn't played R&L/V for a couple of years.