• Replies 28.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thetime

• mrtourette

• Mouseboy11

• the wonderwhy

Yeah absolutely, it's never going to be perfect for anyone. But there's nothing wrong with pointing out what you don't like about it. Admittedly unrealistic or unfair criticism is silly and some won't exactly be constructive about it, but not everyone is like that, some just like to discuss what they think of it and for some of those people it will be negative.

Edited by mrtourette

The only way I can see it being a particularly interesting announcement is if they decide they want to release all their decent heavy bands early to kill off any potential Soni return.

Even then I don't think they're going to want to detract from the March announcement too much. The point of this announcement isn't to sell out tickets, they'll want to sell the vast majority of the tickets in March when they're £5-£10 more so will still want a major announcement then.

Edited by kev1664

I'm sure this isn't a presale though. The presale was just after the festival. This is it I think. You can buy tickets from now until the festival, or until it sells out. I think the only reason for announcing early is to sell a shed load of tickets for Xmas. They are not going to be able to do that just by announcing bands that could easily be at download, because the majority would have bought download tickets, either prior to this announcement or have been bought for Xmas.

I'm sure this isn't a presale though. The presale was just after the festival. This is it I think. You can buy tickets from now until the festival, or until it sells out. I think the only reason for announcing early is to sell a shed load of tickets for Xmas. They are not going to be able to do that just by announcing bands that could easily be at download, because the majority would have bought download tickets, either prior to this announcement or have been bought for Xmas.

Edited by mrtourette

Definitely is, the December pre-sale at the year's prices is nothing new, only the announcemnt is. They're still having the main announcement/sale in March at 2013 prices.

If they were willing to sell all of next year's tickets at this year's prices they'd be screaming from the rooftops about a price freeze, they wouldn't miss a PR opportunity like that.

I was given a copy of the press release on the day of the March announcement, but that's because it fell into the lap of a friend. It hadn't happened before and didn't happen for any of the later announcements so I'm not expecting it to happen again unfortunately. I just got lucky on that one day.