• Replies 28.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thetime

• mrtourette

• Mouseboy11

• the wonderwhy

I never paid them any attention until Marr joined, Men's Needs Women's Needs Whatever was obviously their biggest album, and it's not fantastic, forgettable really. Then when the great Johnny Marr joined I decided I should pay attention, and found out they're a great band, the record they released last year was utterly fantastic, sounds like an on-form Sonic Youth.

The reason they're not getting any press attention is because people are just sick of them! They're no bigger than Kaiser Chiefs were this time last year and they played 3rd down. That's the spot I can see them playing, subbing for the 50,000th time or whatever would just be so boring.

Friday

Biffy Clyro

Bloc Party

Editors

Limp Bizkit

Cage the Elephant

Joy Formidable

Alabama Shakes

While She Sleeps

Mallory Knox

Saturday

Mumford and Sons

The XX

Vampire Weekend

Frank Turner

Noah and the Whale

Of Monsters and Men

NOFX

Twin Atlantic

Dry the River

Sunday

Eminem

The Prodigy

Deftones

Bring Me The Horizon

A Day To Remember

Sum 41

Lower than Atlantis

Pure Love

Don Broco

This is slightly off topic but does anyone else think RnL could do with a bit of a marketing booster? Just because sales have been slightly off the last few years, and they're obviously trying to do the best they can with the line-up, but you barely ever see anything around promoting the festival? I mean i'm pretty new to this (please don't shoot me down) but I get the impression that Melvin is pretty stuck in his ways, perhaps he feels the Festival has enough of a legacy to sell itself? Which in my opinion it does, but these days things are changing and I guess you have to adapt to keep up. I saw this video online of Tomorrowland in Belgium (obviously a completely different kind of festival to RnL) but I just thought their marketing strategy was spot on, it makes the festival look like something new and exciting and generates anticipation. Just a thought. Oh and last year, Tomorrowland tickets sold out in 5 minutes!

Edited by spector95