Headliners

Guest cortezuk

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if there is going to be a headliner.......Bella Union could've just put their line-up together thinking it didn't need a "headliner" and that they'd just announce who was going on last later.

Explosions in the Sky didn't really make a satisfying headliner last time when EOTR was smaller.

Of course I'm still dreaming of the Polyphonic Spree signing a distribution deal with Bella Union and being announced...........but then I dream of a lot of things...

Funny you should say that, I was Tweeting BU yesterday and they pretty much said that exactly. It's a celebration of the label and the idea of "headliners" doesn't really sit right with them.

They've got 2 more to announce. One known and one yet to be confirmed. I'm hoping that those two are M Ward and The Walkmen.

Well, these are the bands that could still be chosen for the Bella Union day:

Abe Vigoda

Department of Eagles

Explosions In The Sky

Father John Misty

Heidi Spencer

Laura Veirs

Lone Wolf

M. Ward

My Latest Novel

Pearly Gate Music

Philip Selway

Rimar

Sleeping States

Stephanie Dosen

The Kissaway Trail

The Walkmen

Thousands

Treefight For Sunlight

Vetiver

Xiu Xiu

Most of them seem to be pretty inactive at the moment though ie. My Latest Novel and Sleeping States haven't played any shows since 2010 and don't appear to have anything on the cards. Xiu Xiu, The Walkmen and M. Ward have released/will release albums this year but I would have thought M. Ward and The Walkmen are less likely given they played last year. Vetiver are still doing shows so hopefully it'll be them and Xiu Xiu. :)

I don't have a clue, but I wish Sleeping States would do something as I loved his LP and have never seen him. I Would also like to see Lone Wolf again, but not sure if he has ever played EoTR.

Even if the Walkman did play last year, and are at GM they could still play. Loved the album, but personally I thought they were pretty average live, I just kept thinking they looked like a bunch of accountants or those people who knock on your door and try to give you religious leaflets.

If Bella Union aren't going to have a 'headline' slot then fair enough, but I think it would be better if they publicly said so sooner rather than later.

The longer it goes on, the more we all speculate and it'll just be a big anti-climax...