Headliners

Guest cortezuk

They're a new band (as you can see my description is gonna be shit) fronted by a woman (who uses vocoder which annoys some people) and with 2 drummers and Ryan Olson is somehow involved. Their album Give You The Ghost is out in the US already and gets released 30th April here. They were given best band at SXSW by Drowned In Sound, so I think they probably have quite a good live show. I think their name means police or policeman in Polish.

This is their lead single:

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Polica have a gig in London the day before NDH, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they'll be signed up for that.

In other news ...

http://www.atpfestival.com/events/calexicolondon2012.php

A new album the week after EotR and a concert in London the week after that ... not close enough to say "highly likely", but perhaps close enough to say "quite possibly".

Please not Calexico, they're a bit dull to be honest. Polica didn't grab me, at least not in that song. EOTR needs some more rocking bands, something like Cloud Nothings, they're very good. I don't know if they're a "EOTR type" band though if there is such a thing. Are people sure that the Fleet Foxes aren't headlining? I love the Fleet Foxes but i'd be pretty disappointed if it was them having seen them twice already and surely they can't still be playing their last album live? How many people are left to announce anyway? Id love if someone like jeff mangum played, but he wont.

Calexico would be great, not as a headliner though. Thought I'd mention that Reigning Sound, The Men, Iceage, RM Hubbert, A Winged Victory For The Sullen and Human Don't Be Angry (Malcolm Middleton's new project) are all playing a festival in The Netherlands around the 10th of September, along with EOTR acts Frank Fairfield and Luke Roberts.

In 2008 I saw Richard Hawley, Tindersticks and then Calexico play the garden stage. That was in the days when it was the main stage, and the gaps between the bands were shorter. I had the most wonderful evening and Calexico were fantastic live. I saw Fleet Foxes in 2009 and at the time they just had too long a set. Its just me I know but I cannot get excited about seeing any headliners on the main stage now. I think I have lost my way....

This probably has more to do with me getting too old for all the camping/dragging stuff along the rocky road, standing down the front with an hour between bands, and I have decided that I probably enjoy seeing the smaller bands more than most of the headliners. I have no idea why this is now italic either. I actually cannot think of anyone I would like to be a headliner, and Tindersticks will probably be lost on the Woods stage.

Excuse my lack of energy!

Perfect Passion

I doubt any festival will top that 2008 line up for me and I was so disappointed by the 2009 headliners (bar Neko Case) that I didn't go. I realised the following year that there at very few "headline" acts I'm interested in and when there are - Low, Yo La Tengo - they can be poor. But I get to see so many great bands over the weekend and I love the festival, and I wish I hadn't cared who was headlining in 2009.

Perfect Passion

I doubt any festival will top that 2008 line up for me and I was so disappointed by the 2009 headliners (bar Neko Case) that I didn't go. I realised the following year that there at very few "headline" acts I'm interested in and when there are - Low, Yo La Tengo - they can be poor. But I get to see so many great bands over the weekend and I love the festival, and I wish I hadn't cared who was headlining in 2009.

Edited by perfectpassion