Headliners

Guest cortezuk

Ooo I think the line-up is shaping up well but as usual their ambiguous language leaves me a little confused about head-liners! I know that Grizzly Bear is one and I guess that they are perhaps still playing things close to their chests in case of disappointment - but do you think that we know either of the other two headliners yet, or are there still two potentially amazing announcements yet to be made?

Anyone any the wiser than me?

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup, Grizzly Bear headlining (as an EOTR exclusive), Tindersticks "co-headlining", ie on 2nd last on Woods but with a headliner length set - they'd be better on the Garden stage but a band wouldn't accept "co-headlining" and then finding out they weren't on the main stage.

I'm not so sure about Fleet Foxes - as no-one can ever tell where Bella Union ends and Sup Pop begins (FF are Sub Pop themselves) I think we might be more likely to get Shins.

It's looking like whoever it is isn't a EOTR exclusive as I'm guessing they're waiting because they have to wait.......ie Latitude/V/Bestival/Whoever has to announce them first before EOTR are allowed. (that's why I think Shins)

Whatever, we still have two main headliners to come!!!!!

Really really hope Tindersticks are on the Garden Stage, can't imagine their sound travelling particularly well over the Woods stage arena.

By the way, has anyone else heard the new Tindersticks album? Definitely their best one since bringing in the new line-up.

Edited by ljsawyer

Well, as I said - anythiong is possible with EOTR but I've known quite a few co-headliner situations at festivals ranging from No Direction Home up to V/Reading and I've never heard of a co-headliner not playing the main stage. It'll be the band/promoters choice and basically they're bound to choose the 8,000 (guess) max capacity Woods stage over the 3,000 Garden!!!

I have heard the new Tindersticks album and I have to say I was confused - it was only an online streaming but it seemed to me that the album started with a nine minute pile of indulgent spoken-word nonsense followed by an absolutely gorgeous eight track album that so did not need that first track at all.

I have heard the new Tindersticks album and I have to say I was confused - it was only an online streaming but it seemed to me that the album started with a nine minute pile of indulgent spoken-word nonsense followed by an absolutely gorgeous eight track album that so did not need that first track at all.

re: the co-headliner debate, Midlake were a co-headliner last year and played directly before Joanna Newsom on the Woods, but with the same amount of time.

So it stands to reason that Tindersticks will do that. As someone said earlier, if you are billed as a co-headliner you would pretty much expect to be on the biggest stage (Woods is roughly twice the capacity of Garden I'd say)