The Dirty Independence Question

Kyelo

there's a letter over at wings from the sg, which slags off the devolution settlement because it stops the sg doing whatever the fuck it likes, which only shows how power obsessed the sg is, and that it rejects any structure that puts limits on its powers, such as a constitution.

Scotland needs to get a grip on this, before it takes itself down a dark hole.

On 12/7/2022 at 10:30 AM, Neil said:

No one forced the snp to put once in a generation in their white paper. 

I assume, since you are now fine with politicians abandoning pledges they most definitely made, that you will stop banging on about this? 

image.png.b29ca645c71bdc5cac47cd8bf42544b1.png

1 hour ago, LJS said:

I assume, since you are now fine with politicians abandoning pledges they most definitely made, that you will stop banging on about this? 

image.png.b29ca645c71bdc5cac47cd8bf42544b1.png

i'lkl stop banging on about it when snippers stop lying about it.

3 hours ago, Neil said:

i'lkl stop banging on about it when snippers stop lying about it.

good to see you are happy with your double standards 🙂

1 hour ago, LJS said:

good to see you are happy with your double standards 🙂

you go straight for the lie.... again, no double standards here from me unless i argue that starmer never promised to eliminate tuition fees.

1 hour ago, Neil said:

you go straight for the lie.... again, no double standards here from me unless i argue that starmer never promised to eliminate tuition fees.

You are fine with Starmer reneging on a pledge he clearly and explicitly made but claim the Scottish Government should be held to a statement that was never expressed as a pledge.   

8 minutes ago, LJS said:

You are fine with Starmer reneging on a pledge he clearly and explicitly made but claim the Scottish Government should be held to a statement that was never expressed as a pledge.   

It was expressed as something that would be put into law, which is what a white paper usually is .

1 hour ago, Neil said:

It was expressed as something that would be put into law, which is what a white paper usually is .

You are so funny, sometimes.

58 minutes ago, LJS said:

You are so funny, sometimes.

so the rest of the white paper was worthless guff that could be ignored. glad we've cleared that up, just remember that, next time you choose to believe a politician. 😛 

5 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

Are the SNP changing course on universal benefits then?

So the papers seem to think - I can't see them withdrawing stuff that's already there  - they have made too much of how good things like free prescriptions & no tuition fees are but it looks like they may roll back on stuff they had said they would do - like free school meals for secondary pupils in favour of more targeted anti-poverty measures.

Edited by LJS

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

are you trying to suggest she wasn't arrested. sorry to disappoint you but she was

Did you read what i posted which included the fact that she was arrested?